Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 am 

I originally posted this in my crankshaft rebuilding service thread but thought it deserved its own thread just so it doesn’t get lost in the comments.

I have some very exciting news! It has been hard keeping this quiet for so long. This has been in the works for quite some time. I am finally happy to announce aftermarket H2 crankshafts are available for purchase!

The company producing these are Vintco. They are slotted rod cranks with the Vintco connecting rods and silver coated big end bearings. The crankshafts are quite a step up in quality from the original. The entire crank is hardened steel. The bearings made by TPI are as close to the quality of Koyo bearings as you can get. The seals are K&S replicas and appear to be of equal quality as well.

The crankshafts are being manufactured in Taiwan to Vintco specifications. There are two versions available. One is built to the same physical specs as the stock Kawasaki crankshaft and the other is a bit more robust with 18 mm pins. The cost of the crankshafts are $1099 and $1199 respectively. I am offering these with free shipping.

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm 

Wow that's pretty good pricing for brand new.

If Vintco makes other parts besides for engines, how about asking them about producing H1/H2 front fenders?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:29 pm 

That's really good news. You can only press apart and rebuild a crank so many times before the press fits go south. Love to see one of the repros get checked for runout etc. Original design oil receivers on them I hope.