Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 am 

I just got a spring and ball kit from Hard to find Parts in Germany, (6) spring and balls for $13 plus shipping. These springs are set at 3.5 - 4 psi so you need to stretch them to 14 mm to get 4.6 psi.

https://hard-to-find-parts.de/epages/af ... 031/set%22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:12 am 
Site Admin

no

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 pm 

Must have missed that one, found out about it a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm 

There are sets listed for Kawasaki, the one directed to is for a Suzuki GT750 triple.

Are these items good, good quality, workable, or not??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:03 pm 

When I contacted the owner I asked what the difference was between the kawasaki and the suzuki, he said that they're the same, kawasaki you get a set of 3 and suzuki you get a set of 6. The springs are set to pop at 3.5-4 psi so they had to be stretch a little to get 4.6. The quality seems good not sure what they're made of, looks like stainless, fits good, and the pop was consistence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 pm 

I've never tested a Suzuki oil check valve for relief pressures, so, I have no idea if they are anywhere same as Kawasaki. I haven't had a lot of trouble on any of the GT Suzuki oiling systems I have worked on, they seem to be good from the start, adjust easily and don't over meter.

I have used bearing balls from various suppliers to re-seat and re-ball the valves, and then, just set the spring pressures with the existing springs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 pm 

I have a suzuki gt 750 and it basically has the same problem as the kawasaki oil system (leaks) but hydro lock isn't as common on the suzuki and over oiling doesn't seem to be a big problem unless the valve is stuck open. I've tested both check valves which are the same on both bikes (used valves with weak springs) and they were releasing at 2.5 psi with seepage, haven't been able to test a new valve from suzuki (you can not get them) but tested a new check valve from kawasaki which pops a 2.5 psi no seepage. The suzuki guys are replacing the old check valves with the new kawasaki stock check valves and so far it's working, no one has complained about over oiling or seepage. I plan on doing the same thing but replacing the springs so I will get a 4 psi release, I also plan on replacing the springs on the new kawasaki valves to get a 4.6 release instead of 2.5 on the carb valves for the H2

I see nothing wrong with these kits and plan on ordering a few more, 12 balls and springs for $26 can't beat that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:28 am 

I've got two TR's, one early and one later, and a former factory race TR, all with pumps in place, no problems with any of them. And have worked on a lot of other GT's no problems except one cut feed line from tank to pump by owner whom cut by accident.