Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 am 

I'm selling new serviceable 3 into 1 oil line for the 1974-75 H2 B & C, these use the original non rebuild able check valves (Pressed on Not Threaded) which can be rebuilt. This is just the oil line (" NO HARDWARE"), you will have to provide the check valves, bands and the oil pump banjo fitting , you just have to rebuild them. Go to the How to Form, How to rebuild non rebuild able check valves. You will be able to take apart the oil line to service the check valves, the old lines you were not able not service. Very close to the original oil line that came on the 74-75 H2 750. Instructions will be sent to your email. $190 includes shipping
Check valves, bands and banjo fitting are NOT INCLUDED!!

[url][/url]Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Please edit your profile to include your location. That will allow folks to know where they are ordering from.
Very generous of you to ship worldwide for free!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 pm 

Thanks, forgot this form was worldwide. The shipping is for the USA only, No international shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:24 pm 

Overseas shipping for something that light, by 1st Class mail, should not be expensive, if it will fit in some standard sized padded envelope.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm 

I think you still have to declare it if it's not a letter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 pm 

I ship tons of stuff overseas, and customs forms are not a problem once you do a couple. I use Shipping Easy to create and pay for the labels. 1st Class is pretty economical for small light items. Even a bigger box with a couple heavier CDI units is currently just under $34 to about any country.

The only potential problem I see is the length of your assembly. If it can't be bent to fit in a small package, it could get more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 am 

Hi Jim, it's good to know somebody that knows about shipping overseas as I never ship over there. I can roll the oil line up small enough to fit into a coffee cup, I always thought first class mail overseas was letters (paper) and if it was anything else it had to be shipped another way because you had to declare it (customs) so they can charge more. So all I have to do is put it in a small padded envelope attach a custom form to it and send it first class mail? Thanks for the information

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 am 

Not quite like that, but not difficult. The USPS changed things last year or so, and now they won't discount to individuals. We got an account with the 3rd party company Shipping Easy at that point, because that's how you get discounts now. If you rarely ship overseas, you should be able to go to the USPS site and create a shipping label there, but it can be done at either place.

When you say you want to ship overseas, it automatically brings up all the customs form stuff to fill out. The first time you do it, it seems like a pain to figure out all the codes and descriptions, but after that you just repeat, so it becomes simple. To send a padded envelope that weighs up to several ounces (forgot the limit) to England by 1st Class, it's $13.30 through Shipping Easy. It would be a little more if you get it through the USPS site directly. The USPS will send shipping supplies to you free, and that includes blank adhesive labels and various standard USPS boxes. We buy padded envelopes and small boxes elsewhere when needed.

Priority Mail is a little faster and has a little better tracking, but 1st Class and Priority have both been reliable for us. If a customer is in a hurry, he might ask for Priority Express, and that looks good on paper, but in reality it often takes much longer than Priority. I think that's because the Express mail triggers customs inspections, and they bog things way down. The USPS might claim it will arrive in 3 days. What that means it it will arrive at customs in 3 days, and the USPS has fulfilled their promise. The customer is unhappy though, when it sits in customs for two weeks.

Shipping Easy is one of several companies that offer discount postage. It was the one that was best suited to our tiny business. About half of the products I make get shipped out of the US, so it was well worth it to us to get used to the overseas shipping procedure. There are lots of fellow triples riders around the world!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm 

Thanks Jim, I just opened a USPS account as I have to start shipping , I'll look into the international section to see about the customs forms, most likely I will ship internationally , can you tell me if tracking is automatic when you fill out the custom form or do you buy that separately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 am 

Hey Hoody, chances are good you will take payments via PayPal right?
Why not use the fool proof and discounted shipping feature they offer????

I have had a USPS account for 16 years and still prefer to use the eBay or PP shipping systems.
Customs form are 90% completed for you and it doesn't get any easier than that