Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H1 Carbs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm 

Seems to me I picked up on a thread here a while back that had to do w/ someone who provided mikuni work that cured the leaking? Does anyone remember who that was?
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: H1 Carbs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.kawatriple.com/carb/carbleak.htm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm 

Thanks for that and I have been using that link as my guide. I have replaced float needles and seats with new oem ...no success. Replaced with Viton needles and seats same deal. I have set my float heights w/ carb on side at 24 mm gaskets off using gauge. One thing different is the Viton needles do not have the spring loaded push rod the originals had? Should float height be set differently? I have also noticed that one of my float bowls has a different style overflow tube with a larger dia. hole directly on the top end of the tube while the other two have small diameter holes to the side of the tube? All, as has been stated, appear to be above where the gasket should provide a seal. Stupid question should the float tang be under the Viton gate wire? That is how I have them assuming this could help keep the floats centered and eliminate the side drag scenario. I have no reason to suspect my floats themselves but am considering a new set fro Mid Atlantic. The carbs leak on the lift table with the bike centered. I also am not sure about my petcock it does not have a vacuum hose port and may not be original....wondering if this could be an issue? I know that's a lot of info but I'm really baffled here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm 

P.S. I have changed the bowl gaskets several times as well. I have been careful to only tighten 1/4 turn past snug, but again the gaskets would only leak in this scenario if the level is up that high.
Thanks to all in advance for any help

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

The overflow tubes do crack and can cause leaks also.