Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:57 pm 

You are a star sir! This search didn't come up in the Ebay UK, at least not until I put the exact string together with typo. I had been checking with Dave Singleton and he too pointed me at this rotor which, a tad expensive, is hopefully now making its way across the channel to chez moi. I have also learned a shed load about the differnet alternators and the history of the British Post Office opposing Japanese electronic ignition and why we had points/contact breakers when the rest of the world moved forward! My son is in Johnson City TN and we cause to visit Knoxville (my favorite Tn town, so consider your help a Beer IOU!
thx
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:57 pm 

We here used to test those rotors for broken stranding with an analog ohm meter, set on Rx1 scale, 3.5 to 5.5 ohms is what they are supposed to be with clean slip rings, and no continuity to the rotor yoke.

I remember changing a lot of our early CDI ones, from either too high an rpm centrifugal force breaking the windings, or, one of the yokes spun on the hub.