Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 am 

My point exactly Rod.
Thank you for putting it a bit more elegantly my friend...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:37 am 

Cheers Steve, Nothing elegant about me, hopefully a bit of shared Knowledge goes a long way, which is what this great forum is about...... You just worry about next years Calendar, mate!!! :lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:59 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 am 
Site Admin

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/caliper/LRconv2/LRconv2.htm
http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/caliper/LRconv/LRconv.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 am 

caliper is sold thanks more coming in few weeks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm 

"fishheadintexas" got the jump on everyone about a year ago when he started selling his RS conversions on eBay regularly. I've been watching and he usually gets bids in the $650 to $700 range with the occasional "reserve not met" though recently he actually did have one go for $1025. The RS brackets are out there now if you know where to look. I've not examined one yet but I think they may be machined forgings out of Japan. Your only other effort would be obtaining good rebuildable calipers and other necessary replacement parts (not exactly cheap or easy to find either). The main problem if you want to call it that is what to do about the bleeder screw. Do you glue in a plug, or press one in, tap and machine the screw seat or do you go with the larger size screw as fish head does?

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 pm 

Know someone who can weld Aluminium ? - $20 there, drill and tap for the bleeder. A left hand carrier can be spaced out with a couple of washers to align it correctly. And rebuild kits are available everywhere at a fair price. All you need is a left hand caliper, and you need one of them anyway........ :think:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 am 

If anyone would like to demonstrate how this is done I have a left side caliper with all new parts, a right side carrier, and $100 for the labor / demonstrator :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:38 am 

I would take up your offer, but I am in Australia. There will be someone closer to you! - On the one hand it is a simple operation, on the other we are talking brakes, so proceed with caution. The L.H. carrier needs to be mounted/shimmed with washers, to be parallel to the disc, when you flip it over, to work on the RHS. You can use a 10mm bleeder, but I have welded the hole and tapped for a standard bleeder. A bit back in this thread, mraxl linked to the resource site on how to do this mod. Follow it through, I just get a bit annoyed when people want several hundreds of dollars, for a fairly straight-forward operation. But Safety is always the major consideration. If you buy an after market RH carrier, you have only to drill and tap 2 holes. One pad does not have quite the same mounting support in the reverse direction, but in my experience, this is not a determining factor. Because we are talking brakes, I welcome others to chime in with any other thoughts or considerations. :D On 2nd reading, (always 2nd reading!) I see you have a RH carrier - you have pretty much covered the "hard" part!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:00 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Know someone who can weld Aluminium ? - $20 there, drill and tap for the bleeder. A left hand carrier can be spaced out with a couple of washers to align it correctly. And rebuild kits are available everywhere at a fair price. All you need is a left hand caliper, and you need one of them anyway........ :think:

Good thinking to weld up the hole which would be the best fix for that. Here's a Diablo caliper bracket which is made in Japan for a RS conversion.

http://www.diablocycle.com/Kawasaki-H2-H1-Z1-Caliper-Bracket-Right-Side.html

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia