Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My Triple...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm 

husson73 wrote:
the bad thing with titanium screws for medical is you can't use them for your bike.
When they put titanium screws after I broke my ankle with my H2A I expected to keep them when they put the screws off my ankle a year later.
The surgeon agreed but when he gave me look like screws for wood (yet in titanium) :(

My surgeon, in the States - the most incredibly talented man, but VERY anti motorcycle.
He says he has to fix soooooo many bike riders!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 pm 

116,000 miles wow thats the highest mileage motorcycle I have ever heard of :shock: and I am surprised that was your choice for a big trip of the type you took ,

Warning on the "grusome pics" they are bad really bad :e9

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 pm 

M6NTL wrote:
Thank FECK I had insurance Jim, the total figure for the Paramedics, the Surgery, Hospital Stay, and Medical Flight/Nurse Courier home, was in excess of $300,000.
I would have been forced to sell the family home, and then STILL have been way short of paying that...
Sobering stuff...What does 73 de aa3dn mean???

Well, just because the hospital bills you $300,000 doesn't necessarily mean they can make you pay it. I was once told by a doctor after breaking my foot to just let the insurance I had pay what it would, and when I got billed for the difference to ignore the bill. It worked.

In your case, had you not had insurance, you could have negotiated with the hospital, explaining your situation, and almost certainly had the bill reduced substantially. A friend who recently went through cancer treatment was uninsured, and everyone involved immediately gave him a 50% discount because of that. Often/usually the hospital sets its fees based on many things other than the actual cost of treatment plus profit.

I'm not an expert in this matter, but I've seen enough evidence to believe what I'm saying is true.

Your board name, M6NTL, looks like a British amateur radio call sign, so I thought you were likely to be a ham. "73" is shorthand for "best regards" and de is shorthand for "from", when transmitting by Morse Code. AA3DN is my call sign.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm 

Jim wrote:
M6NTL wrote:
Thank FECK I had insurance Jim, the total figure for the Paramedics, the Surgery, Hospital Stay, and Medical Flight/Nurse Courier home, was in excess of $300,000.
I would have been forced to sell the family home, and then STILL have been way short of paying that...
Sobering stuff...What does 73 de aa3dn mean???

Well, just because the hospital bills you $300,000 doesn't necessarily mean they can make you pay it. I was once told by a doctor after breaking my foot to just let the insurance I had pay what it would, and when I got billed for the difference to ignore the bill. It worked.

In your case, had you not had insurance, you could have negotiated with the hospital, explaining your situation, and almost certainly had the bill reduced substantially. A friend who recently went through cancer treatment was uninsured, and everyone involved immediately gave him a 50% discount because of that. Often/usually the hospital sets its fees based on many things other than the actual cost of treatment plus profit.

I'm not an expert in this matter, but I've seen enough evidence to believe what I'm saying is true.

Your board name, M6NTL, looks like a British amateur radio call sign, so I thought you were likely to be a ham. "73" is shorthand for "best regards" and de is shorthand for "from", when transmitting by Morse Code. AA3DN is my call sign.

Wow, never realised that. Still mightily glad I had good insurance though!
Sorry to disappoint on the radio ham side of things - not the first time my username has been thought of as such.
It is actually my car registration plate/number. Here in the UK we don't have the freedom to choose tags as flexibly as in the States, we are stuck with a very defined series of letters and numbers. Some of us try to make words from these, and mine is meant to look something like 'mental' - this is something of a subject that divides opinions, some people like these 'personalised registrations', other people think we're idiots!
If I cared what other people think about me, I'm sure that might bother me!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm 

M6NTL wrote:
Wow, never realised that. Still mightily glad I had good insurance though!

Oh absolutely, that's the right way to handle things.

M6NTL wrote:
Sorry to disappoint on the radio ham side of things - not the first time my username has been thought of as such.
It is actually my car registration plate/number.

I might have asked you before. :lol:

M6NTL wrote:
Here in the UK we don't have the freedom to choose tags as flexibly as in the States, we are stuck with a very defined series of letters and numbers.

I've always just let the motor vehicle office pick mine. I figure the less it's cute and funny and easy to remember, the less likely some nut I accidentally cut off in traffic will hunt me down.

M6NTL wrote:
Some of us try to make words from these, and mine is meant to look something like 'mental' - this is something of a subject that divides opinions, some people like these 'personalised registrations', other people think we're idiots!
If I cared what other people think about me, I'm sure that might bother me!!!

A psychologist once told me that not being concerned about what others think is an indication of being secure with one's self, contributing to happiness. As I remember, he brought it up when he saw that I had driven my '74 Vega to the party and parked it where it could be seen. :lol: