Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky customer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Nothing "heated"........ :thumbup: We get along better here....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:55 pm 

Uuum.................... legislate motorcycle's out of existence I think this is being taken a little to far gentlemen!! :wtf: Come on you must be joking.......................right?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Anything is possible, I doubt it will go that far in our lifetime. But, the Governments got the factories to put on speed limiters before the Governments did it for them. States have made it a impound and destroy laws for wheelies and stunting. Even here, because of the harley's coming home from the bars at 2 in the morning with loud pipes, have caused noise ordinances to be in place now.

The point is, people screwing around pissing people off is doing nothing but hurting motorcycling, and people aren't going to put up with it forever...........

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:09 pm 

There are places in Asia where motorcycles are banned from freeways. Ask our Canadian members what they pay for motorcycle insurance. I'm pretty sure there are at least some Canadians who don't have a motorcycle because of high insurance cost. Good luck to us if some well-intentioned politician decides to save our children and introduce a bill to limit motorcycles to offroad use. If the general population gets a say in that, we're doomed. Maybe it's farfetched, maybe not so much so.

How about "motorcycle-only checkpoints"? http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/maga ... le_id=1536

In the above example in NY, 225 bikes were inspected and 104 tickets were issued! According to the article, "Of the 104 traffic tickets issued, the most common violation was for operating with an unapproved helmet (41 tickets issued), while the second most common violation was for illegal exhaust (7 citations issued)."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:19 pm 

I think it already happened right here in the USA, anyone remember the popularity of the three wheeled ATV's Congress banned them in 1987 , just flat out stopped all sales in USA.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm 

Loud pipes usually do a couple of things, one radical.

First, they get just about everyone pissed off from the noise and arrogance of the riders that have the lack of mind to actually believe "loud pipes save lives". MORONIC thought pattern.

Second, they get riders that insist on disturbing certain others with obnoxiously loud exhaust systems...shot.

As far as stingers making engines destroy themselves, YES, IF the engine isn't tuned/jetted correctly for them. For years, race bikes ran open stingers, and had no problems, unless tuned/jetted incorrectly. SAME applies for any two stroke ridden on a highway/street/road. So, that is no excuse.

I fully agree with John on this one, PUT SOME SILENCERS ON THE THING, OR...DON'T RIDE IT, PERIOD.

The dirt bike half-wit from the planet SCREAMING DUMMY, lives on the next road, had an open pipe two stroke bike, large single Suzuki. He constantly had flat tires, and engines that didn't run, until he was convinced to add a silencer with spark arrestor (it happened kinda strangely, one night, the bike disappeared, next day, it magically reappeared, quieter, silencer welded on and welded together). We all confiscated his hack saws as well. We all figured it was some of his pals from his home planet that did the silencer install, as they probably couldn't stand the noise, either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:49 pm 

Hey Stumpy,
If your mindset is "Every single person on the road today is trying to kill me" why bother to ride at all.

My perspective is that I'm invisible to folks driving cars and It's my job to know where they are.
I think loud pipes can also confuse or startle someone that is older and could possibly generate a negative driving reaction.
It all comes down to riding smart.
There are roads in my town that are unsafe at any speed do to others bad driving.
There are also roads that are very safe (road quality, visibility, etc) for riding at nearly twice the posted speed limit.

Face it, it's most likely to be your mom or you teenage kid that is the biggest menace to motorcycle riders.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm 

Jim C wrote:
There are also roads that are very safe (road quality, visibility, etc) for riding at nearly twice the posted speed limit.

Query Mill Rd. I was just on it a couple weeks ago. One of my all time favorites, along with Sheppard Lane. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:11 pm 

YES, U.N. Agenda 21 is the framework for the U.N.'s control of the entire world, called "The New World Order" and, within it, there will be NO private vehicles, only government run rail systems. The Phase 1 of it is completed, can we build rail systems under an existing city? Yes, "The Big Dig" under Boston. Phase 2 is how to link them together, and it is now in the planning stages, California's Central Valley High Speed Rail System, from Los Angeles, thru Bakersfield, Fresno. Merced, Modesto, Stockton to S.F. (BART, and to Sacramento.

On another note, regarding the moronic "loud pipes save lives" absolute lack of common sense, we get ONE news paper per week, comes out Wednesday, Mason Valley News. Today's edition had two stories of riders killed in the last week, one in Dayton, other in Fernley. BOTH were riding Harleys, both were "In the right" and both had stock exhausts removed for straight pipes, the loud ones. BOTH drivers of the other vehicles that pulled out in front of both these guys told police they did not HEAR the bikes coming. So much for the bogus statement that "Loud Pipes Save Lives". Sad this sort of thing occurs, even more sad when a rider assumes that as loud as he can make his machine, the more safe he is in riding it. We get more than our fair share of this kind of situation each year, and it just makes me sick to hear about it.

I know most of the Sheriff Deputies in this county, and ride along my fair share of the time. Most of the rider involved accidents occur with bikes that have modified, or straight pipes on them, upwards of 85 percent. It ain't a nice thing, scraping a person off the side of a car, or out of the gutter when this happens, especially when the rider lives (thank heaven), then insists that "Loud Pipes Save Lives".

End of noise rant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKUKhHQLHg

at 11 and some minutes, its a little long, but well explained. I like sending this to my Harley buddies w/ straight pipes. My favorite part is around 4:30.

Nope, sorry - NTR but loud pipe related

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next