Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1973 Triple
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:09 pm 

That bike brings a tear to my eye, it's the same color as 1973 H2 I had new when I was 16.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:53 am 

jack750 wrote:
1973 Kawasaki Triple H2

Can someone educate me on the forks and front brake setup here.....I am assuming its an EX? Time and knowledge have altered my plans for my 72 resto-mod. it sits right now with a late model front end from a GSXR, but the more bikes I see and the longer i have my 75 I dont want to change the whole front end over just to "try" to achieve better performance, which is an assumption when considering the sum of all parts...plus the classic look of the stocker..ish equipment just looks so much better IMO. Just finished taking my bike out with my new FBG chambers. that was just an initial mock up for the chambers before i tabbed some hangers and did any drilling and cutting. love the raw look.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Looks like stock forks and calipers. Aftermarket discs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 pm 

I had thoughts about inverted forks and swingarm with wider wheel but while I was restoring the bike 2 years ago I decided to keep it like it was in the 70`s.I like the look of the original bike,and yes there stock forks with after market discs. The bike was stored from 1986 till I just restored it,I also just picked up a 74 H2B so I my try the new parts on that! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Looks like stock forks and calipers. Aftermarket discs.

Moo, if stock why is my caliper on my 75 on top of the disc and in front of the swingarm? And why does my stinking pic show up as :o a link? I watched the video 8 times and I know it's me screwing something simple up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

He flipped the forks around, and you are putting in a double img code.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:04 pm 

Very nice 75 purple h2 ! but WHO welded those pipes! :wtf:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 am 

Thank John, the more i thought about it today.....thats what i figured it had to be once you said stock....I mean they gotta be concentric so...... :thumbup:

they are Fast by Gast and Steve wonder could have welded them because this puppy frigging rips now. I took off the chambers and seat that came on it yesterday and it just looks so much better. tomorrow i am switching to a straighter bar setup and flipping those forks. Ill also be working on the pipes with scotch brite and fabbing up some hangers that allow a tad more vibration damping. Heres a pic of the old chambers and seat...damn thing wrecked the great lines of the bike, this one is much better. Any idea what the old chambers are? i have a set of wirges here and they didnt look the same, but whatever they are the dont hold a candle to the new FBG set.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:54 am 

docrick wrote:
Thank John, the more i thought about it today.....thats what i figured it had to be once you said stock....I mean they gotta be concentric so...... :thumbup:

they are Fast by Gast and Steve wonder could have welded them because this puppy frigging rips now. I took off the chambers and seat that came on it yesterday and it just looks so much better. tomorrow i am switching to a straighter bar setup and flipping those forks. Ill also be working on the pipes with scotch brite and fabbing up some hangers that allow a tad more vibration damping. Heres a pic of the old chambers and seat...damn thing wrecked the great lines of the bike, this one is much better. Any idea what the old chambers are? i have a set of wirges here and they didnt look the same, but whatever they are the dont hold a candle to the new FBG set.

This link might help
3cyl.com/mraxl/partid/chambers/chamberid.htm

Gary T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 pm 

Spec II?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next