Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 1973 Triple
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:52 pm 

Your probably right Jim, Ive been looking at so many pipes lately probably Purple Haze ''spec 2'' for sure. Dubble spring to ,check picture on their website ! :clap: Jack750

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm 

Jack, your bike is a beauty man!! Sorry i invaded your post. You are the original owner?? thats wild, congrats for keeping it all these years. Do you have any old pics of you riding it? AND always keep it how she sits or were iterations of your bike? Love the drilled dual disc set-up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm 

scouse wrote:
docrick wrote:
Thank John, the more i thought about it today.....thats what i figured it had to be once you said stock....I mean they gotta be concentric so...... :thumbup:

they are Fast by Gast and Steve wonder could have welded them because this puppy frigging rips now. I took off the chambers and seat that came on it yesterday and it just looks so much better. tomorrow i am switching to a straighter bar setup and flipping those forks. Ill also be working on the pipes with scotch brite and fabbing up some hangers that allow a tad more vibration damping. Heres a pic of the old chambers and seat...damn thing wrecked the great lines of the bike, this one is much better. Any idea what the old chambers are? i have a set of wirges here and they didnt look the same, but whatever they are the dont hold a candle to the new FBG set.

This link might help
3cyl.com/mraxl/partid/chambers/chamberid.htm

Gary T

Thanks Gary!!!!! Ill look it up and update, whatever they are the FBG we instantly more responsive off the bottom and that was before dialing in my jetting. Headed down into the ccccrrrrisssppp runnin' 50's tonight!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm 

Docrick ,I love to talk triples! and you didn't invade my space. About 1976 Idid the Denco work and put the Morris Mags on. I had ridin it stock with Denco pipes on it. Yea ,I do have some pics back in the 70s got to figure how to post them. Been talkin to Gast about buyin his pipes are they worth it? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:33 pm 

Had the bike out this Sunday? :P