Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Isle o man
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:10 pm 

bad to the bone

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligen ... _race.html

Post subject: Re: Isle o man
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:57 am 

Not a video game but reality, the greatest motorcycle event I ever did :thumbup: :e12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm 

when i watched that , i must of sprained my cringe muscle :clap:
mental fast.
a freind of mine owned a bed and breakfast on the right circuit , she said it felt like they were ridding through the front room. :shock:
thanks for posting

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 am 

Awesome and terrifying all at once... thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 pm 

Please remember, at this race, there are two different types of course marshall's, stationary at many points along the course, and moving ones, riding along with the racers. I have ridden as a marshall 5 years a couple of decades ago. Very intense, and you MUST fully concentrate every second you are on course. The places I liked the best, Ramsey, and, Quarter Bridge, the worst, Douglass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
Please remember, at this race, there are two different types of course marshall's, stationary at many points along the course, and moving ones, riding along with the racers. I have ridden as a marshall 5 years a couple of decades ago. Very intense, and you MUST fully concentrate every second you are on course. The places I liked the best, Ramsey, and, Quarter Bridge, the worst, Douglass.

As far as I am aware the only "travelling marshalls" as they are called are the ones that come around before the race starts, and then again to signal "roads open" after the finish. They ride road bikes rather than race bikes and they certainly don't mix in with the racers during the actual events. I've only been there three times, about thirty years ago though, so could be proven wrong of course. They do whistle around at a fair old lick for the roads open lap, looking like they are enjoying the limits free ride for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm 

Yes, correct, and, I did it for 5 years of racing. At very rare times, traveling marshalls have needed to move to a different area close to where they were stopped during a race, to help with issues caused by crashes and other instances. rare, but it does happen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 am 

I'm fortunate enough to have raced both H1's and my TZ 750 'OW31' Chassied H2R on the awesome TT course a number of times back in the early 80's. The TT course is like no other!! Its a high speed tour in fact, a lot of the time you are flat stick, with a very technical section between Ballacraine and Ramsey. The mountain can become very hypnotic as many bends look the same but all are very fast indeed and a very minor mistake especially these days is often fatal.

I have lived in what I regard as the motorcycle Mecca of pure road racing since 1976 which is when I first came here to watch the TT races as a teenager riding a 1971 H1A. Since which time I have ridden all sorts of fantastic machines on circuits over the world including Dave Crussells H2R and H1R in a VMOTO meeting at Laguna Seca back in 2004.

I am very pleased to get the opertunity to repay Dave and Lorraine for their incredible trust and generosity when they intend coming over to the Isle of Man to complete in the 'Classic Manx Grand Prix' this coming September.

The attached clip is of a friends son 'Dan Kneen' during last years TT. I was actually sitting on the wall on the left when this happened, it was the closet thing I have ever seen in my life at 160mph. I'm pleased to say he got away with it and incredibly carried on in the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ykjsTr ... re=related

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

Last edited by ade on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 am 

Ade, you are spot on about the Island circuit, it is awesome. For me there is no comparison to true Road Racing, as nothing else comes anywhere near, seeing really is believing :thumbup:

Hats off to all participants :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm 

How many riders have lost their lives on this track during all these years, totally?