Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: my H2A
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 am 

Walms wrote:
Sweet bike JP! 8-)

Since you had both on the same bike, would you consider the half fairing a huge benefit over the 1/4 fairing at speed on the highway? I've been pondering a 1/4 fairing but have been told it will steer the bike at speed with cross wind.
the both fairings are equal on wind protection but the half fairing which has his brackets on the frame and not on the front fork is better against cross wind, in fact the bike doesn't move at all even at real 126 MPH, with the 1/4 fairing the bike could move a little ( nothing dangerous but you must take care that is very tiring when you drive long time at 115 120 real MPH on german highways) but you could still hit the real 126 MPH (remember my bike has modified front fork, project H2 swing arm and ohlins shocks: the whole helps a lot to have a very stable bike).
Definitively, the half fairing is better and this rickman half fairing - which is an original for 250 400 500 triple from the 70s- is still available now (without the brackets) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:24 am 

Do you have any pictures of the Swingarm before you put it on? I am interested in the rear brake stay. I is not the standard H2 style.
I am also curious about the front brake setup? Can you still buy a kit from Brembo? or is it through another vender.
Thanks J.P. your bike is beautiful.

Thad Q.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 am 

sadly no picture, the only one done, with the exhausts, was by Brian Mac Owen who sadly died on his H2 last month.
Next time I put off the exhausts will try thinking to do some pictures
The project H2 swing arm is in alloy and the set up is for rear disc so there is nothing to hold the rear brake stay: the solution I choose was to do a special bracket -in two part- to block the rear drum.
The front brakes setup is a kit made by french Brembo for all H2, later H1 and Z1, some years ago (around 2005), you could have the front calipers with the special brackets only to use with kawasaki 5/8 master cylinder and original discs or the whole kit (my chose) with the same + brembo half floating and holed discs, brembo master cylinder and armored hoses.
At my knowledge, the kit is still available for french brembo but not cheap, the whole kit was around more 1.300 € V.A.T. included.
I brake on track equal or better than modern supersport bikes (the fact the H2 is slowly compared to a 1000cc GSXR help a lot) and still have brakes under the rain.
We weight the whole kit before fitting and it's a little lighter than the whole genuine kawasaki single disc set up.
The kit, even the whole doesn't included the dual joint but you find cheap Z 1000 on E bay and you need to thin a little the front fork legs to be sure the discs doesn't touch them.
Used them since 2005 on my H2A and H2B and perfect.
Have done around 18.000 miles with the pads on my H2A and still in good conditiion and am hard brake guy :thumbup:

H2A

H2B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hey! Something has grown since I owned that bike! :eh:
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm 

Is that Balde' riding the bike? Thanks J.P.
Did you ever find any more pictures of H2 production racing? I would love to see all you have.
Thad Q.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:21 am 

Yes he is BALDE, and the tank is sign by him :mrgreen:
production race H2 on a new post 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 am 

Thad Q. wrote:
Is that Balde' riding the bike?

Yes it is :thumbup:
It was taken at the 30th year celebration of the H2 at Monthlery in France, I had taken the H2 to sell, JFB borrowed the bike to do a parade lap, I then sold the bike to a French guy. A while later, the guy put the bike up for Sale and Jean-Pierres "Lovely Girl" bought it for him as a Birthday present (?) - I reckon she may be a keeper! ;)
This is the "parade lap" - I am sure J-P can put names to bikes better than I can, I am actually extreme left on a Team Hansen KR750 :shock: , Obviously DuHamel is in there as is J-F Balde, Juergen Weiss, Martin Laqua and . . . :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 am 

driver of the gold H2 between Rick and Duhamel is Bernard FAU who finished second on french production race 750cc in 1973 with his H2, (the first on 1973 was Gilles HUSSON), n° 10 is Gilles HAMPE who is a traitor as he races now GODIER GENOUD 1135cc (based on a Kawasaki Z 1000 R) on post classic unlimited class now, the n° 31 could be Gérard COUDRAY.

was on the pack, behind with the other road H2s with my H2B.

The reason of the gift wasn't a birthday present but cause I was becoming Supreme Courts lawyer (we are only 92 men and women at this time and 101 now).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:29 am 

Who is the guy on the right JP (Italian?) behind the man in the grey shirt :eh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:45 am 

don't know but mistake n° 10 should be Jurgen Weiss and the H2R behind Balde's right elbow Gilles HAMPE :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next