Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Isle o man
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
ade wrote:
RODH2 wrote:

I love it too! Amazing what it take to get guys to tell their stories! ;) And I saw the rear brake, looks pretty rusted up to me....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah!! I can assure you the brake wasn't rusted up!! The picture was scanned from an old newspaper clip that's all, It was sent by a bloke named Malachy Craig (Malc knows who I'm talking about) and the quality was pretty poor to start with!! My bikes were always presented A1 when I went racing and still are!! Pix are of my 1990 Reverse Cylinder TZ 250A and RS 250 Priller last year at the Festival of Speed.

Nice work! But there is something about a big precise engineering sticker on a Kawi triple that doesn't jive..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RH Engineering = Ron Hobson who was an old pal who made me some nice washers for my seat and fairing to spread the contact area over the GRP, He did em for free so I bunged his name on my seat as he was just starting out.

As you can see I'm still messing about at Jurby Malc, the pic of me on the TZ shows Norman Kneen just behind me and Steve Moynihan on the RG500 MK 8 just in front, nothing changes old bean!!

Perhaps time for you to come over for a few beers in the Raven.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm 

I spoke to both Norman and Steve at Jurby year before last!
Small world indee :D d

I remember they couldn't sell that RG at one time, wasnt it the EX Dennis Ireland bike that won the Senior TT, and look at the value of them now!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 pm 

Ade, Re your PM with the question where did you finish in that race in May 1978?
!st- "Squeaky" Eaton
2nd Herbie kelly
3rd John Langstrath
4TH ADE CRITTEN
5th Dave Corris
6th me
7th James watt
8th Roger Hurst

I remember it was me, the late James Watt, and Roger Hurst because we diced between the three of us for the whole race!!!!
The picture shows me pealing into the Cronk on the 6th and final lap with James and Roger just behind me and as you know the finish line is 100 yard away.It was my first ever race and we had a "couple" :oops: of pints in the Raven on the way back to Port Erin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm 

malc87 wrote:
Ade, Re your PM with the question where did you finish in that race in May 1978?
!st- "Squeaky" Eaton
2nd Herbie kelly
3rd John Langstrath
4TH ADE CRITTEN
5th Dave Corris
6th me
7th James watt
8th Roger Hurst

I remember it was me, the late James Watt, and Roger Hurst because we diced between the three of us for the whole race!!!!
The picture shows me pealing into the Cronk on the 6th and final lap with James and Roger just behind me and as you know the finish line is 100 yard away.It was my first ever race and we had a "couple" :oops: of pints in the Raven on the way back to Port Erin.

Thanx for that info Malc

Hardly surprising that Squeak won the race with that ultimately quick 900 Rickman Kwack, Herby was always good to go especially as he was on a full race TZ 250. John Langstrath never had a issue with fear :crazy: . Roger Hurst even though last in the race that day had the last laugh overall though eh!! With a factory Kawasaki ride many years later.
I still see Roger in the Queens in Laxey but he has suffered many big off's and his head has taken some serious injuries over the years but still rides regularly up at Jurby and the Classic Manx if I remember correctly on his 350 TZ cantilever.

Old boys rule!!

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

Last edited by ade on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm 

nice ground clearance with your exhaust Malc :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:02 pm 

husson73 wrote:

It used to "touch the tarmac" frequently!!
It ended up well scraped!!
Thye picture was taken in a race later in the year on the road circuit.
While the bike used to get me an extra ride at the meetings in the "four stroke" only class I sold it just after this and bought an EX- race Rd400. (It was Roger luckmans old RD Ady.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:41 am 

malc87 wrote:
husson73 wrote:

It used to "touch the tarmac" frequently!!
It ended up well scraped!!
Thye picture was taken in a race later in the year on the road circuit.
While the bike used to get me an extra ride at the meetings in the "four stroke" only class I sold it just after this and bought an EX- race Rd400. (It was Roger luckmans old RD Ady.)

Those are great old pix mate!!

As you know I actually live on that Jurby South road circuit now, but sadly owing to overuse of heavy vehicles the road surface as suffered degradation to such an extent that the ACU will no longer license it for motorcycle racing. Its a great shame as its a great circuit too.

Lets hope the Manx government get their act together sooner rather than later and resurface the whole section between the Cronk and Ballavarran (The entire coast road section in other words). The Ballamoar straight is still in pretty good shape however.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm 

My Favorite motorcycle race ever.

Have you watched V4 Victory, Staring the Late Great Mr. Dunlop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCYy3gXBIw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 am 

VMX688 wrote:
My Favorite motorcycle race ever.

Have you watched V4 Victory, Staring the Late Great Mr. Dunlop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCYy3gXBIw

Great footage

I remember the 83 TT very well as only a few weeks later I was competing myself for the very last time on the TT course on an H2R. Later >90's I owned an 88 RC30 for many years. The RC was a fantastic motorcycle that was deceptively quick, I was always looking for 7th gear could be very fragile if you over-revved them however as they stretched valves.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm 

Outstanding Bike the RC30 and I also stretched the valves on mine :oops:
Kit valves sorted it though :D
Its the only bike I still want again.
Have been on the lookout for another, make a bit of space among the triples to fit it in, but they are so bloody expensive!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next