Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

It's just my opinion guys..... :wtf: We don't have to agree on this. :P

I'm just saying if I went to the drag strip and a guy ran a 13 flat with a ported, cammed, carbed engine, I would be impressed. :clap:

And another guy ran a 12 flat with a stock motor and a blower, turbo, NOS I wouldn't be..... :eh:

That's just me....... :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:59 pm 

I was looking for a couple of video's my friend Todd posted of some of his LSR attempts at both Maxton and Bonnevile (Honda NS50), but came across this PDF chart from a "fun run" he did a couple of winters ago.

http://racenssr.com/pdf/menom.pdf

He's just like us. Loves making "old junk" go faster and work (FAR) better than was intended...

I laughed when I scrolled down and saw his name (Todd Moen), what he was riding ('79 Arctic cat w/500 Suzuki free-air twin), and HOW FREAKING FAST it is in 1000'..... Compare his numbers to the "modern" sleds.. :lol: :lol:

Only two sleds bested him that day, both of which turbocharged, fuel injected 1000cc four strokes.... Basically it took a turbocharged R1 engine to beat Todd on his 35 year old 500cc arctic cat..... One of them only by 5mph.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:48 pm 

Small world Cody, if you look at the second from the bottom name on the list its Ryan Haala the dude in New Ulm we bought a couple triples from.

On his custom rotax I think.

Funny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 am 

my mate JC ran his snowmobile at 170mph today, Cody it should be up your neck of the woods next week for a go at even faster. I will let you know where they are running.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 am 

007monkey wrote:
Small world Cody, if you look at the second from the bottom name on the list its Ryan Haala the dude in New Ulm we bought a couple triples from.

On his custom rotax I think.

Funny.

Oh yeah.. I remember that bike. Looked kinda scary :shock:

and Henry, the way this weather has been, they might not let anybody on the lakes anymore over here... :lol: I thought I spotted someone towing a bass boat yesterday?

170mph? was that in the twin track drag car looking sled? That thing is the epitome of using a sledge hammer to kill an ant.... :lol: