Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A very good deal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:57 am 

This letter arrived on monday to my office. I guess we all have seen these already decades but what is new is that it is a real letter, an envelope with my and company name on it. Stamps and everything. It must cost a couple of $ or € to mail it, so they are actually investing some money to new business instead of just sending an e-mail :crazy: :wtf:

Post subject: Re: A very good deal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 am 

That's interesting. Now we have to wait for the letters translated into Finnish to arrive. On the other hand it's not so funny, because the criminality on Internet is rising. Here is a very good speech by the famous computer security expert Mikko Hyppönen from Finland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf3zxHuSM2Y

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:32 am 

Location: Barbados, a tiny island in the Caribbean 166 square miles
There have always been scammers and always will be, it's unfortunate but it's true.

Someone tried to scam me once, and get money out of me, but I recognised the M.O. and reported him. Was even thinking of becoming a scam baiter, coz I played him good, but decided I just didn't have the time to do so. Pity, coz it would have been fun! :mrgreen:

"I tried to restrain myself, but I escaped." ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:59 am 

classic one :e11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:07 pm 

Heres my latest.....and I guess every Lloyds banker has a Hong kong yahoo email addy? And he looks like such a nice guy?....third pic down on the Lloyds page.....I disabled the hokey links

Mr.Tim J W Tookey
GroupFinance Director of Lloyds Banking
Group25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN
lloydsbankinggroup.com
timgdfbnsyahoo.com.hk

Good day, I am Mr. Tim J W Tookey, the Group Finance Director of Lloyds Banking Group. I personally discovered a dormant account with a total sum of $85,000,000.00 [EIGHTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS] during our Bank's Annual Year Account Auditing. Since the death of the deceased, nobody has operated in this account till date. Moreover, this account has NO BENEFICIARY attached to it. Definitely, this fund will be confiscated by our BANKING CODE OF ETHICS if it remains dormant for a period of [10] year without any claims. In this regard, I earnestly need your full cooperation in transferring this money out of our bank to avoid our bank confiscating this fund. HOW THE TRANSACTION CAN BE HANDLED: As the group finance director of our bank, all our client account details and file are in my possession and that makes it easy for me to include your name as the beneficiary of the fund in all necessary documents involving the money we wish to transfer out from our bank. Most importantly, you will be required to:(1). Act as the original beneficiary of the funds.(2). Receive the funds into a business/private bank account.(3). At the completion of this transaction, the sharing rates shall be 50% for me while 50% for you. Note: I will split the transfer into two 2 stages for easy and smooth transfer. Firstly, the sum of $80,000,000.00 will transfer to any valid foreign account you will nominate, then upon a successful transfer without any disappointment from our side; I will then fly to meet you in your home destination for sharing, thereafter we will jointly transfer the remaining balance of $5,000,000.00. I will also like us to invest some part of the money in your country. If you accept to work with me, you will be given 50% of the total money as your share and 50%. So the main question is, will you partner me in this transaction. If you are willing to cooperate in this projectthe get back to me on my private email address tuinhdgffsyahoo.com.hk view my identification link:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/about ... #timtookey

I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY.
Yours Truly,Mr. Tim J W Tookey
timgdfbnsyahoo.com.hk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 pm 

i goy one yesterday...from a mr tan wong...8.5 m....think i should contact him ??? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 am 

I like how they think passing yahoo and gmail account off as legitimate business email accounts are really fooling anyone.......well they must fool some. :wtf:

71 Yammi RT1B
83 HD Sportster
03 Yammi R1
06 Kaw 750 Vulcan (wife’s bike)
12 Yammi vstar 250 (wife’s bike)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:16 pm 

Call the National Law Enforcement Control Center (NLECC) I work there. 877-876-2455, option 5, 0800-1630 any week day, put in your zipcode when prompted and talk to a US Postal Inspector. Mail fraud is a federal crime.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 am 

Arrived today by mail, fully paid stamps on envelope....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:32 am 

It only takes one or two to make a profit.

The scammers use the law of large numbers to justify spending the dough on letters and stamps.
Send 10,000 letters at a cost of a buck each.
Land 2 or 3 suckers that pay 10 20 grand each and its a winner.
Plus they probably scammed someone else in to buying the stamps and postage for them to start with.

Doesn't your bank have a Yahoomail account???? :eh: