Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I now have a few avenues to explore. The radio station wants me to do the show, and put it all on a USB flash drive, not a CD. They will section it and add their commercials, PSA's, station ID's. The station is widely listened to, n this area, and as far away as Reno/Cartoon City, oldies 50/60/70 era soft rock. They are open to all sorts of different programming, and they air things like high school and other local games, have an Irish music hour, all sorts of other programming. Smooth jazz should work out well here. I like both their oldies soft rock format, and smoth jazz, so it should be a real good mix.

Sorry I didn't reply last evening, but I had a friend come over with an emergency with her daughter in Cartoon City. The daughter's boyfriend got caught phoning his TWO other girl friends, and his still married to WIFE. So, me, the idiot, I got to go to Cartoon City (Carson City), where it was snowing, and pick up the daughter's Honda VT-whatever, and RIDE it back to Yerington, 75 miles each way, in the snow, and, just at ZERO degrees/F., leaving Cartoon City at 7:00PM. What a giant load of fun (ONLY way it could have been better is if the bike had been fitted with stud tires, or ski tracks!

I wore two pairs of thermal gloves, hands were frozen all the way, thermal socks and regular shoes, thermal underwear, long sleeve shirt, Levi's, and a thermal heating device I use for weight reduction for my core, and two jackets. One was my light cold Adidas, the other was my ancient Champion Spark Plug heavily insulated one, and I was STILL colder than a Witch's Whango.

And, the now kicked out boyfriend had just put a set of loud chopper pipes on this Honda, and NOT re-jetted, so, the thing was topped out at 65 mph, wouldn't pull at all above that.

How I get myself involved in this stuff, I'll never know.

Thanks for the info, keep it coming, please, I can use all the help I can get with it. And, Barry, I'll take you up on your offer, kind sir, thanks. Should be a fun deal when I get the hang of it all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:03 pm 

I look forward to when the "rainbow chaser" is running and on youtube with all 9 pipes screaming.It will be my new mp3 doorbell upload. :D :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm 

Laminar, if you know of good freeware recording streaming audio for Vista/7 please let us know (Micrsoft bowing to the RIAA did this by removing the record what you hear function in Vista/7). There are other work-arounds but you need to work them and tweak. In windows, record what your hear or record mix won't enable. Thanks MS!

All the top streaming recorders on Google are pay-for and trial versions only and I'll only spend so much time looking and trying and undeleting free stuff before it becomes counter-productive.

Several of them say no Vista/7 support (but not until you download and install them). I just deleted two of them because they won't work on 7. Another I tried downloading had Norton screaming about badness from that site - sure enough, it's blacklisted for malware. So everyone take care on what you do.

Now I will say I had a desktop gadget that worked pretty good for recording streaming audio, one click and it was great but would get stupid after the third or fourth song.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm 

One other issue, desktop computer is Windows 2000 Professional, laptop is XP Home. Will that cause problems??