Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I love this motor!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 pm 

I have a 21' Chris craft with a 200 ocean pro. Maybe I should artificial reef the boat and build a hydro? No one is buying boats and I've lost interest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 pm 

I am still trying to get the two Rascal scooters from my friend, for free, so I can put a parallel twin cylinder outboard into one, and a Mercury V4 into the other. I think they'd make a great around town cruiser vehicle.

The other thing I want to do is to install a G series 100 engine I have here, into a recumbent bicycle, when I find a low cost, to free chassis to use. Should be fun to ride it into, and back from town, only 6 miles away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:13 pm 

sawracer wrote:
I have a 21' Chris craft with a 200 ocean pro. Maybe I should artificial reef the boat and build a hydro? No one is buying boats and I've lost interest.

With hydros, it's hard to get more fun per dollar than the 5-liter (stock 305 Chevy) class. They do around 115 mph in the straights, and you can get a used one in decent racing condition for around $10k-$12k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjhSzdbBoy0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:32 pm 

Wow that's pretty good performance for a 305. The screw probably costs more than the engine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 pm 

A 2-barrel 305 at that. The props, if I remember right, are modified stainless steel Mercury outboard props. A really top engine is blueprinted to push the limits of the rules, so they're not always cheap, but you don't have to go overboard. (overboard?) The speed comes from getting as much hull/prop out of the water as you can. At speed, the only parts of the hull touching the water are the rear of the two sponsons. The transom is completely out, raised by prop lift, and the prop is only 1/2 in the water. The prop blades, rudder, and skid fin are all cut off squarely on their trailing edges to draw air in behind them, avoiding having to suck the water back together as they pass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 pm 

I met the old timer that does The majority of the cracker box props in these parts. Pretty amazing, at those rpm's if the pitch is off the stainless is literally worn away by the cavitation. :o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:00 pm 

One of the best motorcycle documentaries I've ever seen happens to be about the Konig.

Love, Speed, and Loss -
http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/love-sp ... -loss-2007