Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Our health
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 am 

I just spent three days in our band aide "hospital: South Lyon Medical Center, Emergency Room, and it wasn't fun at all. It all started early Tuesday morning, when I arose, and found I had NO bowel function, and felt that the passage between the intestine and stomach was totally blocked. NO amount of trying could get the last meal out. Not lots of water, not Ex=Lax, NOTHING.

A small bit of history, though. For decades, I have not seen a doctor, no medical at all, except for racing organization's exams for licenses. IN all that time, I have had varying levels of pain in the bottom of the rib area on my right side, that I always passed off to myself being pain from compressing the ribs while doing things that I do while paying on other stuff, like car fenders, falling off dirt bikes, etc. Hurt, but it always subsided, never was really screaming bad.

Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday, OK, just no BM, and low level constant pain in my ribs. On Thursday, I tried to "push" the material out, no go, and even tried to get it up and out by mouth, still no deal.

I have one of my volunteer ladies that lives close, and she finally got back from Fallon early Friday morning, after I had a really bad Thursday night. Sleep for 3 or 4 minutes, then, pain in the ribs so bad, no sleep, no comfortable position I could attain, and I mean so bad, if I'd have had an open window, they'd have heard me scream at least a half mile away.

At the hospital, I got the treatment, MRI, all sorts of tests, including the doctor moving the area around, the unusual stuff, which my sister swore she heard at her home a quarter mile away. There was NO comfortable position to be in. They started IV's of saline and other antibiotics as we waited for the MRI to be read.

Result was that I have had gall stones for years, and never knew it, never gave that a thought, not once, and this time, my gall bladder was right at ready to burst. White blood cell count was well past normal of 8 to 9 billion, at 32 billion. We finally got the WBC down to 11 billion this noon, and I got to come home, but only to regain some strength. The gall bladder MUST come out, it is only a time mater, and their ain't much time to work with.

Other symptoms were very dark yellow urine. and I finally got the ability to go by 2 yesterday, and it was black/green. BOTH those colors for the 1 and 2 indicate BLOOD, and that ain't good. Intestinal bloating was also a real problem.

I AM GOING TO WRITE THIS IN CAPITALS, NOT YELLING, BUT AS EMPHATIC AS I CAN BE.

IF YOU EVER GET A PAIN YOU CANNOT PHYSICALLY EXPLAIN, NOR FIGURE OUT, NOR HAVE IT STOP WITH A REGULAR HEALING TIME FOR THAT PARTICULAR INJURY, OR ANY OTHER CONDITION YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN, GET TO THE HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL, AND GET IT CHECKED OUT. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T BE THE IGNORANT, ARROGANT MORON I HAVE BEEN ABOUT THIS, FOR TWO PLUS DECADES...GET IT CHECKED OUT, IT JUST MIGHT SAVE YOUR, A RELATIVE'S, FRIEND'S, OR A LOVED ONE'S LIFE.

I DO NOT WANT TO READ OF WE LOSING ANYONE, FRIEND OR FOE, WITH STUFF LIKE THIS, WE JUST DON'T NEED IT. GET IT CHECKED OUT, AND FIXED.

I am going to sleep in my easy chair tonight, and for the next few days, a lot more comfortable than my flat bed is.

Post subject: Re: Our health
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Wow Dave, I'm just glad you got to the Doc in time. :o

Take care of yourself now......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 am 

I am not done with all this, just stabilized. There is still the next couple of weeks to get to the point of health that I WON'T die from the surgery, and gall bladder removal is considered one of the easiest and safest surgeries there is.

Just be aware, everybody, things health wise, can get way, way out of hand, real quick, don't let it go to this point, this ain't any fun at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 am 

Just for the sake of a laugh and to cheer you up a bit, Dave, when I was diagnosed with a tumor in the bowel, the Surgeon said " by the way, do you know you have gall-stones - If the main operation goes well, I'll whip out your gall-bladder". Later, when I woke up from the op, I asked him if he took out the gall-bladder - "Yep, no worries!" The rest is history. We are thinkin' of you, Dave, Stay Positive!!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 am 

Its a "man thing" not to go and see the Doc when there's a problem or potentially a problem.

Dave, your advice is good and should be heeded by all.

Thank you for being man enough to share your experiences.

Its not big or clever to ignore any signs of ill-health.

I hope that you are back to full fitness very soon my friend :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:36 am 

Thats good advice, not going to the doctor in time killed my grandfather. Abdominal cancer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 am 

DAVE thank you for your honesty and knowing that there are a lot of guys like you and me who dont go to doctors unless to get sowen up or plaster put on , and putting pains here and there down to old accidents :roll: , theres another thing if you get tingling in your fingers or pain in limbs that carn't be explained it can be a stroke or heart attack on its way , good you made it to Doctor and hope your well soon . al in Aus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:30 am 

Sverre wrote:
Thats good advice, not going to the doctor in time killed my grandfather. Abdominal cancer.
my father too but even if he went at time this wouldn't change nothing, multicancer you can't survive :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:00 pm 

Hi Dave, Glad you/ they caught it in time. I hope your surgery is successful and you can get back to sharing more of your team kawa stories w/ us. Take care Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:46 pm 

Keep a good PMA, and hope all goes well for you. Glad you caught it in time.