Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm 

Well I have some good news for you there is no need to spend 565 dollars on a Snap On :thumbdown: , your jack is actually a York and probably a lot less expensive when bought with yellow and blue paint and the York label.

I own the exact same Snap On jack :thumbdown: bought new in 1985 from the Snap O dealer years later the universal joint and the handle broke I priced parts at Snap on :thumbdown: then found the parts available at a local truck parts dealer at 1/2 the cost of Snap On also found the whole jack for half the cost of Snap On.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 pm 

Jackman, that's interesting because I had a similar experience when looking for a high speed timing light last year. Luckily I found the lower priced brand, and then other models they made, and ended up getting the light I needed for less than 1/4 the price of the Snap-On. Great that Barry can replace the jack at a lower cost than he expected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:25 pm 

Just glad I finally have some helpful info to pass on :o .

My memory is off a little but google refreshed me, York is not the manufacturer of the Snap On jack, Lincoln Walker is the manufacturer parts are available thru http://www.blackhawkparts.com/page19.html.

I'll keep search to see if there are better sources for parts.

Here is a post I found thru google similar situation, http://forum.ih8mud.com/tools-fabricati ... -jack.html

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:58 pm 

Google its a wonderful thing :lol: , the Snap on jack was made by Lincoln Walker however things change and at the Lincoln Walker site the currently listed 2 ton jack is made by Heine Werner , a 2 1/2 ton is not listed but a 3 ton Hein Werner is and looks a lot like the Snap On possibly a upgraded 2 1/2 ton jack,

http://www.jackxchange.com/products/HW93642.cfm
http://www.jackxchange.com/products/HW93652.cfm

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:09 am 

That's also funny because I have an old, ruined Heine Werner model K jack here that I plan to take apart for the steel scraps, or maybe use as an anchor. Unfortunately, it's seized beyond repair, but it was once a really fine jack.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am 

Welcome to the brotherhood of dudes who actually buy quality tools that dudes not in the brotherhood expect to use for free. I hope your jack repair comes as cheap as possible but I have to say I empathize more for the divorced pal. Divorce is a tough row to hoe!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:57 am 

Come on Brother Barry :banghead . Just a floor jack :mrgreen: . Your friend is worth more than that :think: . Remember when you were going thru that stuff?? :e11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 am 

Jim wrote:
That's also funny because I have an old, ruined Heine Werner model K jack here that I plan to take apart for the steel scraps, or maybe use as an anchor. Unfortunately, it's seized beyond repair, but it was once a really fine jack.

Jim call this guy http://www.blackhawkparts.com he rebuilds them on site and its affordable I have talked to him myself and got the info first hand about rebuilding my Snap On .

My Snap On YA700 sits in the garage busted its a 2 1/2 ton jack that I have been using for 20 years to lift an F-350 dump body few years back the seals blew out the F-350 was too heavy for the 2 1/2 ton Snap On jack stuck in a pinch and needing a jack badly I bought a Chinese :e4 jack at Sam's Club 99 dollars, it got me thru but wanting the tough and trusted Snap On back I called Blackhawk for 90 dollars plus shipping he can rebuild the pump if I remove it from the jack or I can just send the whole jack, have not yet sent it but I will someday when I get a spare minute.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 am 

Wow, I'm really glad I posted this - awesome info on the 3 ton jack for $389.95, I think I'll go that route if the snap-on dealer does not have anything used for me. And I emailed one yesterday and another this morning.

Mark, I'm very firm on if you break someone else's "stuff" you make it right. I have helped him out so much over the years buying him car parts (like batteries and tools) when he's in a bind - that he "usually" pays back but not always. But he's also extremely bad with money management too. He'll get a big job and make a good chunk of income - then he'll blow it on stupid things like big TV's and such (he bought two a couple of years when he landed a big job - really, TWO!!!).... Now he's struggling again and I've seen this cycle repeat over and over. He can replace my damn jack, he broke it from carelessness. He's on a few good jobs now and he can pay me when he gets paid - I'm not asking for it right this minute but I won't let this one slide.

I'm very particular about my tools. Thanks Jackman - good help on the links.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 am 

Jim wrote:

I've got a Heine Werner that I've been using for 30 years. Still works great. We used the Walker brand jacks when I was a mechanic at a service station. They were good but not as good as the Werner has been.