Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:40 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
And it's quieter than the open pipe ones on the road........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2Cl03E ... re=related

Looksm like a fun hobby: http://maddoxjets.com/

But, Is he's using the thrust from the pulse jets to push the thing down the road ?...as opposed to designing a shaft off the jets to drive the bike ?

As for the harley label.....why would he do that ? How does your thinking go that you don't put your name on your own creation but rather just pick some other companies name ! Weird as sh*t !

Is HD behind this ? I'm going to send HD the vid and ask them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:40 am 

Sverre wrote:

Heres mine, 01 FLSTFI. its super nice to cruise around on and for longer trips, now i just need another triple to mess with and im set. for a while.

Nice Fatboy - love the paint. I have an 01 FLSTFI with some cam upgrades, gear drive and programmable SE SuperTuner. Other performance goodies too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 am 

BarryB wrote:

Nice Fatboy - love the paint. I have an 01 FLSTFI with some cam upgrades, gear drive and programmable SE SuperTuner. Other performance goodies too.

thanks! ive been looking in to that gear drive myself as some people qoute the chains as a weakness, but i thought it was the previous models and fixed on 01 forward? my plans as of right now is to get some new pipes, heavy breather or similar in chrome and fuelpack or PCIII. i really like the V&H Big shot longs but ive read that even with the quiet baffels they are really loud and i dont like that.. so ill most likely go for some 2 in to 1 pipe (if i find some that looks good) for more bottom end since ill never go fast on this bike anyways.. i was doing a mildly frisky ride half a month ago and then the footboard stared to scrape haha.. calm down, sit back, relax, enjoy the view, dont kill yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 am 

Mine before riding to Talledaga this fall.Four gas stops 9hrs later I was there,didn't miss a beat.
I never cared too much for them but this was a 40 birthday present ,what's a guy to do

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:53 am 

Sverre wrote:
BarryB wrote:

thanks! ive been looking in to that gear drive myself as some people qoute the chains as a weakness, but i thought it was the previous models and fixed on 01 forward? my plans as of right now is to get some new pipes, heavy breather or similar in chrome and fuelpack or PCIII. i really like the V&H Big shot longs but ive read that even with the quiet baffels they are really loud and i dont like that.. so ill most likely go for some 2 in to 1 pipe (if i find some that looks good) for more bottom end since ill never go fast on this bike anyways.. i was doing a mildly frisky ride half a month ago and then the footboard stared to scrape haha.. calm down, sit back, relax, enjoy the view, dont kill yourself.

There are issues with the cam chain tensioner - like many bikes/manufactures. They're spring loaded and have a nylon shoe that presses against it and over time will wear out. If nothing else that's a good reason to go with a gear drive.

I went with a mild cam for 2-up riding and a low/mid torque bump: 288126G 26G 11/35 226 262 .490 .138 Stock Bolt-in cam. I also went with the two-piece pushrod, lots of new gaskets and o-rings, specialized tools to do the work myself and the tuner software kit I mentioned (but I won't do that again, cheaper and easier to have the dealer dyno it and copy the settings to a flash driver). The tuner kit was over 500 bucks.

The easiest mod you can do is SE air cleaner or equivalent, SE intake and a pipe swap. All flow related stuff. Check with your dealer as it will all need a retune of your computer settings. Depending on what you do - this is cheap as the dealer has a base setting for most combinations and it's a simple matter for them to reflash to your setup - around $100 bucks in the states for the reflash.

Your Primary also has a chain adjuster with a nylon shoe but it's a static setting with knurls to set the tension. I upgraded mine to a hydraulic automatic. This you can do yourself with no special tools.

Super Tuner mapping with my laptop:

Tearing it down (looking for noise - killed my lifters with Royal Purple oil - badness, stick with dino oils)...

Primary adjuster replacement

Youtube of new stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELo84Nl0OMY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:37 pm 

Nice work Barry! Thankfully, the Road Glide I bought already had the work done....yes... SE breather, SE pipes, SE ignition re-mapping Stage 1 kit....runs great. I know your HD runs strong with those mods! Love the mini-ape bars too.....! :shh:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:47 pm 

It pulls a big trailer too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

BarryB wrote:
It pulls a big trailer too.

For oil and the spare engine?........... :e11 :e11 :e11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm 

Barry, put a few pulse jets in the trailer and you might have something interesting!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:27 pm 

I really don't have an issue with the actual Hogley-Tractor bike itself in passing them, as they rolling chicane themselves down the road, slowly. But, a big issue in the tire slip I get when riding my bike through the oil leak stream/trail on the asphalt made by one of those slag metal steam calliopie circus's create while going so slow down the road.

Barry B, all kidding aside, that is a nice rig with the camp trailer. My neighbor has a 6 cylinder Gold Wing I maintain for him, and he pulls a complete camp traier with everyting but a bath room in it, folds out. He and his wife spend many happy weekends, and a couple of full weeks every summer camping with it, all over the place. He has another smaller trailer for a motorcycle there, and I want it, to pull behind my Silver Wing for trips into town for stuff that I really don't want, nor need to take the van or car to get. I just finished a mountain bicycle for next summer, along with a pull trailer for it, so I can pedal my butt into, and, all over town without wasting money for fuel, and still pick up the smaller parts and stuff I need.