Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honda power
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 pm 

It's not limited to FB. As it was explained, all the major social media use algorithms to do things that I never thought about before I saw that show. Like steering like minded people together in an unnatural way. There were several negative consequences from that alone. And I don't mean things like triple owners.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 pm 

That's fair enough Jim, I have two grandsons, (teenagers) and they have responsible parents and communication. As do many of my friends and people I know. I appreciate the dangers that are out there with any form of SM, electronic media, there ARE serious concerns. But I can tell you one thing. We are no longer beholden to old media, murdoch, fox, sky, etc. etc. which many would contend is a bigger threat to us than any form of electronic media. But I'm really trying to keep it relative to us and our old bikes, it's only because of electronic media that I can get info. and parts from all over the Planet, and people can access Dales amazing resource site. It's just that things are moving on, nothing stays the same!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:28 pm 

It it weren't for the Internet, I would have to be in a different line of work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm 

Jim wrote:
It it weren't for the Internet, I would have to be in a different line of work.

Indeed, and I hope, trust, that you don't mind me recommending your services on FB (no direct links) among other platforms, to those I assess as being good Triples people!! (We actually help with a local dog rescue group here, and it works solely because of quick contact on FB. My wife does admin for them, and it just works, advertising dogs, pick ups, drop offs, all kinds of stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:12 am 
Site Admin

RODH2 wrote:
Geez, you blokes, you ride one of the wildest, crazy, full on bikes ever made, you never looked back, and now you are frightened of normal progress. I bet the pitchforks and torches were out when Caxton invented the printing press....!! Get with the programme! :think: :roll: :lol: Grumpy old b*stards!!

You weren't around here from the start, There were 4 or 5 new board versions through the years. And talk about crap storms! :lol: :lol: :lol: Why a new board, we want the old board, we hate the new board, we want the old board. Every time. Then it settles in and everyone figured it out.

The good thing about the boards, is they did have so much information for guys like Dale to put together resource sites, that are always invaluable. And they gave us a place to learn and share what we know. I think I have close to 80,000 posts in the last 20 years helping out guys with their bikes. And as was written, there would not be the businesses or parts for our bikes if not for the internet, or the friendships either. :thumbup:

I just don't get the aversion to facebook, no one is forced to do anything there. And there is a goldmine of information in it, in real time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I just don't get the aversion to facebook, no one is forced to do anything there. And there is a goldmine of information in it, in real time.

You either get it or you don't.

Did Rod ever get an H2 engine on his lawnmower like he was asking about?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 am 

^ John- did you watch the Netflix special, The Social Dilemma? One of the stats that Jim referred to hit home personally with me and was a major crisis in my household being influenced by social media. True, FB doesn’t make you do anything and there is some good from it as mentioned, but what is being done from their end that is not known takes on a life of its own. Think what you want, but I feel it fuels divisiveness indiscreetly which may be purposeful. The CEO of that company is a known liar (lied under oath). I’ve glad someone in that industry has a moral conscience and decided to be a whistleblower.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:34 pm 

While we are talking about stick-in -the-mud old fogies, do any of you watch Moto-GP?? Great racing, 8 different winners in 11 races, and pure sport, it makes Formula 1 look as pedestrian and boring as it is. *disclaimer: I'm older than most of you.* :think: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
The CEO of that company is a known liar (lied under oath).

Ummm, he ain't no orphan there, Evans!! :o

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:09 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:
The CEO of that company is a known liar (lied under oath).

Ummm, he ain't no orphan there, Evans!! :o

So true! :think:

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next