Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honda power
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 am 

Jim wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
...but will higher octane fuel give me more chutzpah!!?? :think:

The biggest difference will be from the type of oil you use.

Can you use emos or something........! :crazy: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Thanks Evans and Al, need any H2 stuff, Al? Just worried about the dogs with the snakes, Al. Oh, (Evans) 2-stroke mowers have gone the way of the 2-stroke bikes, you can still get brush-cutters, etc. tho.

Aussie used to have the Victa 180, a horizontally opposed 2 stroke twin push mower, tons of power, we converted one to use in racing Karts in NZ in our open class, many decades ago. The stock flywheel did not like RPMs over 10,000 and exploded however. So, find and rebuild one of those?
And, higher octane will only help if you also change engine parameters, higher compression and more spark advance. Just adding it to a properly tuned stock engine will only make it run richer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:15 pm 

Jim wrote:
I've been practicing, Evans. I just finished an hour's worth. I hope we get together in May. :)

Hope so Jim and sounds good. I bought one of the Ammoon loopers to layer and overdub/ practice.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm 

DGA wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
Thanks Evans and Al, need any H2 stuff, Al? Just worried about the dogs with the snakes, Al. Oh, (Evans) 2-stroke mowers have gone the way of the 2-stroke bikes, you can still get brush-cutters, etc. tho.

Aussie used to have the Victa 180, a horizontally opposed 2 stroke twin push mower, tons of power, we converted one to use in racing Karts in NZ in our open class, many decades ago. The stock flywheel did not like RPMs over 10,000 and exploded however. So, find and rebuild one of those?
And, higher octane will only help if you also change engine parameters, higher compression and more spark advance. Just adding it to a properly tuned stock engine will only make it run richer.

Victa- that’s the one! Forgot it was a 2 cycle twin and I’ve only seen pictures of them. I have owned and collected just about every 2 cycle mower brand over time. Once I had 9 at one time but have scaled down to 4 at present. How did the Victa twin perform as a mower?

The only Honda I own is my pressure washer but would have bought 2 cycle there if it were available.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:01 pm 

My first minibike had a Victa 160 single two stroke, that was a powerful engine for a no suspension small bike for sure. I don't know how the 180 twin performed as a mower, we just imported a new motor to modify. The single had to have a decompressor to start it, I do know that. Much more powerful than the NZ made Masport 100cc 2 stroke for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:22 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
Hope so Jim and sounds good. I bought one of the Ammoon loopers to layer and overdub/ practice.

Neat. I have two of them... one for guitar and one for bass. They're simple, cheap, and do the job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:37 pm 

RODH2 wrote:

What have you got Rod ?, dont you need it just incase ?, I have been thinking of putting my spare motor in a late 600 frame !, so may need some engine bits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 pm 

I got tired of all the problems and breakdowns with my Bogg's and Straining lawnmower, so I transplanted a nice liquid cooled two stroke twin from a boat onto it, hasn't let me down since then, over 30 years, mows really good, too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:26 pm 

AER005 wrote:
RODH2 wrote:

What have you got Rod ?, dont you need it just incase ?, I have been thinking of putting my spare motor in a late 600 frame !, so may need some engine bits

I have heaps of early H2 stuff, Al, no seats, rough mufflers. Just yell out if you can't find something, too many odd parts to list. Carbs, gearboxes, all sorts of frame bits and pieces. Bit of early H1 stuff too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 pm 

This is cool... this thread is just like Facebook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next