Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honda power
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:04 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
AER005 wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
Thanks Evans and Al, need any H2 stuff, Al? Just worried about the dogs with the snakes, Al. Oh, (Evans) 2-stroke mowers have gone the way of the 2-stroke bikes, you can still get brush-cutters, etc. tho.

What have you got Rod ?, dont you need it just incase ?, I have been thinking of putting my spare motor in a late 600 frame !, so may need some engine bits

I have heaps of early H2 stuff, Al, no seats, rough mufflers. Just yell out if you can't find something, too many odd parts to list. Carbs, gearboxes, all sorts of frame bits and pieces. Bit of early H1 stuff too.

the motor I am putting together needs a selector drum , selector forks , selector shaft complete with springs etc crank gear , as I bough bits and pieces yrs ago but not a full engine , can swope some barrels and heads , new piston kits ,if you want , I may drive over to SA , I was thinking of getting barrels and heads and crank done by you know who , no point in posting would cost as much as fuel to drive there and I need to go for a holiday , and go back and see my roots in Adelaide and Port Lincoln ( first settlers there )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:08 pm 

(answering Jim...) Only it's too cumbersome to post pictures and "like" what someone says. You should see what some of the European guys are doing with Triples, there is some wild stuff going on out there! I even hooked up with a couple of Triples guys in Adelaide. Anyway, do any of you old codgers watch MOTO GP, pure sport, 8 different winners in 10 races this year, and lots of action. Probably on at 6:00 am for you guys still doing yesterday! :think: :D (Don't worry, Dave, I'm an old codger too, it's a joke!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 pm 

AER005 wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
AER005 wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
Thanks Evans and Al, need any H2 stuff, Al? Just worried about the dogs with the snakes, Al. Oh, (Evans) 2-stroke mowers have gone the way of the 2-stroke bikes, you can still get brush-cutters, etc. tho.

What have you got Rod ?, dont you need it just incase ?, I have been thinking of putting my spare motor in a late 600 frame !, so may need some engine bits

I have heaps of early H2 stuff, Al, no seats, rough mufflers. Just yell out if you can't find something, too many odd parts to list. Carbs, gearboxes, all sorts of frame bits and pieces. Bit of early H1 stuff too.

the motor I am putting together needs a selector drum , selector forks , selector shaft complete with springs etc crank gear , as I bough bits and pieces yrs ago but not a full engine , can swope some barrels and heads , new piston kits ,if you want , I may drive over to SA , I was thinking of getting barrels and heads and crank done by you know who , no point in posting would cost as much as fuel to drive there and I need to go for a holiday , and go back and see my roots in Adelaide and Port Lincoln ( first settlers there )

Probably have a fair bit of that gearbox stuff Al. And Nev. Lush is only 30minutes away, (by H2)! Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
(answering Jim...) Only it's too cumbersome to post pictures and "like" what someone says.

This site hosts photos now. Just browse for the photo and hit "add the file". "likes" are just a thing created to trigger endorphin releases to keep us coming back for the advertisers. You should know by now that I like everything you say.

Check out the show "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:49 pm 

'Like' :thumbup: I saw an endorphan swimming by at the beach just yesterday! You all have ADD-blockers, of course, don't you!? It does surprise me that so many older people, (blokes mostly) are against Social Media. You can just use the good bits, discard the rest. I'll try the picture thing, (I'll post a pic. of my lawnmower!!) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 pm 

Actually I meant dopamine. I'm not against social media, but I don't want to spend half my remaining time left on earth glued to it. Watch that show... you might find it interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:55 pm 

I'll give it a try, Jim, who produced it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:50 pm 

Larissa Rhodes produced it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Social_Dilemma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 pm 

Jim wrote:

Thanks, Jim, I'll have a look, for sure. I'm actually the World's best Add avoider/fast scroller, I don't "sign up" put in details, etc. SM is here to stay, I bet Caxton had the torch/sythe bearers at the door when he invented the printing press! :think:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:57 am 

Jim wrote:

Hi Jim, I actually found that more alarmist and misleading than, well, Social Media! SM IS a tool. I can discriminate, and so can my grandkids. It's just a new form of media, and is not too difficult to negotiate! Use the good bits, they are always out to advertise/get your money, nothing new. I talk to some sophisticated people all over the World, (I'm talking to you!!) . Maybe you can suggest how FB, in particular, or SM generally can use ME, they certainly can't get my money, not that I have much! I'm meeting a young guy here on the weekend, who has a pristine H2, haven't seen one here for years, he contacted me thru FB. Good to chat! :think:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next