Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kawasaki a1r
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:03 am 

Hiya,
I have a 1967 Kawasaki a1r race bike, rolling frame, missing engine, tank and original seat respectively. the bike was done up to represent an a7 upgrade including a triple, as done by my uncle Peter.
This bike originally was purchased after the Vietnam war, as my uncle Peter was a veteran looking for excitement in his life and to race as an apprentice motorcycle mechanic. The bike was purchased at kawasaki in Perth Western Australia so he could run it as a race bike and fit it with a triple. Was originally a 2 cylinder samarai and was raced in the 1967 singapore gp and came either first or second, not too sure on the actual outcome. as pictured has yamaha front wheel and forks but we do have the orginal front wheel and forks, also looking to restore as best as possible, if anyone has any tips/parts/connections.
I am in Perth Western Australia
any race history, frame numbers or results would be really appreciated.
Thanks for reading

Attachment:
20151212_160157 (2).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Kawasaki a1r
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 pm 

From the picture, you have a really good start. Although a handful of the first H1 race bikes were A1R chassis with H1 hopped up engines in them, before the factory built the first H1R's, the A1R and especially the A7R are so much more fun to ride and race. Most all of the work to hop up an A7 can be done with the parts already on the engine, save manifolds and carbs, you won't have a close ratio trans, nor dry clutch, but you wouldn't have had one with an H1 engine either.