Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KTOG spam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm 

I think I read it was a new owner, or support group over there? If so, I'd think the new "entity" was responsible for being attached to tapatalk. I'd think it goes to any and all advertising, and the revenues tapatalk advertisers can gain from getting those ads out there, in the emails. The "avenue in" would simply be KTOG.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm 

OK its fairly simple to resolve.
The method I showed earlier did not stop the emails.
I also get the KH-S forum and KTOG like you Bill.
At the bottom of the email you will see a link (VERY SMALL) to unsubscribe.
I did so for both emails and the photo shown, is a composite of the link and my two confirmations of giving them the boot.

Attachment:
unsuscribe.jpg

And I would be remiss to not mention, comments about the other forums, are amateurish at best.
Disgruntled former members should keep their comments to the subject at hand.
90% of the members there were once here, good friends we all thought???
Lets keep it friendly and be respectful to other triple members around the world.

jmhFo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm 

I doubt tapatalk just selected a venue to attach to out of thin air, some form of connection has to be in play between tapatalk and KTOG. I doubt KTOG would allow the theft of its information for illegal use by tapatalk,

"And I would be remiss to not mention, comments about the other forums, are amateurish at best.
Disgruntled former members should keep their comments to the subject at hand.
90% of the members there were once here, good friends we all thought???
Lets keep it friendly and be respectful to other triple members around the world."

Well, I am NOT "disgruntled", I got "removed", by my own asking, for defending myself against that handful of others that always create adverse issues and problems. It got extremely old, and nobody wanted to stop it there, except me. "Disgruntled former members should keep their comments to the subject at hand.". I did keep it to the topic, and, it is clear, in that topic on your site, the personal attacks are still going on, unfortunately. YOUR website member started it, it didn't come from either me, nor anyone from here.

"Lets keep it friendly and be respectful to other triple members around the world." I agree, so, start doing so, we here have been doing so for quite a while, now.

"90% of the members there were once here, good friends we all thought???" Almost all of the rest of us still are, and so many of us still work together off boards, without comment on either board.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm 

Interesting I don't get them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm 

Barry, it really isn't a problem between most all of the true triples people, they are good troops. It is only the small handful that makes some situations completely unworkable.

Main thing is, just about all of us get along very well, and we help each other, no matter the site, group, triples problem. That's all that really matters.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 pm 

My appologies then my friend for mis understanding what seemed to be (barely) veiled insults in your earlier post.

"That site isn't bad, just triples people with different views and outlooks.

One topic was about how wrong checking oil line check valve relief pressures by air pressure wasn't right, when that IS the way both Mikuni and Kawasaki have done them all along, accurately. I took it as being about me in a recent topic here. The contention was exactly what I got when I was still a member there, I had to be a liar, as I couldn't possibly have actually been there during that time in street and factory race triples history, nor worked at Team Kawasaki Road Race, nor worked on Yvon's bikes, and everything I had to say had to be a lie.

It's just like the recent topic here, "Who was number 17?". Some have no knowledge of triples history, nor those that worked with, raced, and rode them back then, in person.

Worrying about what is posted there is just a waste of good triples time, let them think what they want whatever level of inaccuracy, some of us were there, and we know how it all went down. They weren't."

My error I guess.
I thought it retaliatory for the post you referred to above, "about you" ???

:eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

What say mods??? Shut this thread down or what?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Why are all for moderation now Steve? You usually hate any kind of moderation. Just wondering :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 am 

I have always been for fair moderation when due John.
Its just that you have to complain about anything I say or do, back off will ya???

Just didnt want this to turn hateful like some posts here can at times.

If not moderated by sensible people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 am 
Site Admin

I just asked a question, as it's out of your usual nature. I rarely post on anything to do with you, so you are seemingly paranoid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 am 

"Fair moderation" certainly wasn't being practiced there when I got attacked, then told to not defend myself, when other board members seemed to have the right to defend themselves from those very same attacker's. Very sad double standard.

And, yes, air pressure test is the correct method for oil line check valve tests, and, an oil volume flow test of the line/pump as well, been that way since both Injecto-Lube and Super-Lube systems have been in use on Kawasaki's. You brought it up in the response above, I didn't, just replying to it.

I wonder just why the poster there chose to post what he did, knowing full well the person spoken of didn't have the ability to respond, defend accusations there? That poster had/has the open opportunity to post to that particular check valve, or any topic on this board he choose to, either by being a member here, or, joining this board. That topic was open to all whom cared to respond to it, and we all got along just fine within it, even with differing opinions, and/or personal experiences.

I will stop on the oil testing within this topic here.

If needed, back to the Tapa-Talk issues. Why is TapaTalk needed in the first place, I am using my Motorola Droid Maxx, with no special program, only my Verizon service to write and post this reply, and it works just fine. Why do I need a specialty posting addition? I am just asking, I really don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next