Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ARRRGHHHHHarley!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 pm 

So It has been an interesting summer. Somehow I managed to acquire a couple bikes this summer and got the KZ1000 running so now there were 5 running street legal bikes in the garage and 1 CR60. Now I don't have much room so its a tight fit if I want to keep a work space and the bike lift.
The last part of the summer was hard, the H2 seized and now it sits waiting for boring and new pistons and hopefully a few other mods. The Gs1150 blew a rear brake line , no big deal, and the Kz took a slight tumble and needed a new case guard again no biggie, all this stuff happened in one weekend and all of it done by me allowing others to ride them…UGH!

The other bike I acquired over the summer is a 91' Harley Electra Glide with all the hard bags, the touring pack. It was my Dads and he has some nerve and spine issues that dont allow him to enjoy it anymore it has 70,000 miles on it and runs flawlessly, and looks pretty good, he rode the heck out of it for years except the last 3 or so. He gave it to me for my 50th B-day.

So today my youngest wants a ride to school on the Harley so I say OK, he enjoys the attention and its all fun.
BUT I get home pull into the garage, into the "slot" the Harley fits, and because Im in a F'N hurry I bump the GS which I had proper on a bock to hold it a bit straighter to fit more bikes in better and tips! And causes a domino affect and topples over the KZ!!!
The worst part is the KZ was, (except for the case guard) MINT!!! Not a ding, not a crack , nothing… as near as perfect as any bike I have ever owned!!!
Now it has a nice quarter size dent in the tank, I haven't noticed anything else but I haven't looked that hard yet.
Hoping a paint-less dent guy can get it out…..the GS which is already dinged and cracked suffered no damage, figures!
I think I need more space OR better parking practices! :oops: :banghead
ImageUntitled by Joe Herriges, on Flickr

Post subject: Re: ARRRGHHHHHarley!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm 

That is sad. I'd sell the Harley.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, HD's give trouble and don't even have to be running.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Bummer! That sucks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 am 

I'm sorry that happened. I am doubtful that anyone can pull that dent without a stud welder which ruin the paint. That sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:12 am 

rngdng wrote:
I'm sorry that happened. I am doubtful that anyone can pull that dent without a stud welder which ruin the paint. That sucks.
:cry: :cry:

Big giant stupid harley, its my own fault …Im 90% sure the KZ is worth a bunch more than the Harley. And rndng avatar is soooo close to true.
The KZ or the H2 both get a lot of attention from people I dont know when I pull in somewhere, but no one ever says "you finally gota real motorcycle" which is what everyone who knows me says when they see me riding the Harley, which makes me want to ride it LESS! Its not that I dont like the Harley it is what it is and what it is supposed to be IT THE PERCEPTION that somehow its a "REAL" motorcycle and your finally a grown-up …freakin weird considering I have been riding about 20 years longer than 80% of the Harley guys I know. And I would love to see one of them even change the fluids on their bike themselves!!! Much less rebuild any part of it!

Anyway enough rant about the Harley, I have to get the KZ fixed even it it means finding someone to figure out how to match the paint and graphics.
Im going to send some photos to a dent guy on the internet for a quote and I am hoping to find a local dent guy also and get some opinions on it. :e4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 am 

too bad :banghead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 am 

I used a local guy called "The Dent Doctor" he pulled out some dents that I thought would have been impossible. Quotes are free, worth an inquiry.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am 

Bummer about the dent -- hope they can get it out without a repaint etc....

"And I would love to see one of them even change the fluids on their bike themselves!!! Much less rebuild any part of it!"
Understand that! Most of my peer group of riders can't do anything regardless of bike - but the Harley Posers rub me the wrong way the most (and I own a Fatboy)....

Totally understand the space issue. We have a 3 car garage, I get two stalls and wife gets one (I can't complain with 2/3 of the space). My poor Chrysler 300 and 2500 Chev truck stay in the driveway - argh....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm 

Barry B your priorities are in order.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm 

Barry that looks familiar but WAY better organized than me. I alway say I have O.D.D. Obsessive disorder disorder! Im like a troll in a cave :wtf:

Now picture the H2 with its side stand on a piece of wood and then bump it with the Harley, but you do need just a bit more space between the bikes so they can build a bit of momentum!
It was a really stupid and sickening because I have been pulling them all in all summer that way... just moving to fast for my own good.