Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Norton in Paris
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 am 

Well we have red light cameras and the politicians in the state just decided that it was a great idea to use the magnetic strips in the pavement that I guess tie in with the cameras so they can also function as speed cameras now. I agree with tearing them down. The local populous is too much "sheep" and have now accepted the new law. ARG. Here might be a quick fix. Using a rare earth magnet taped on the end of a PVC pipe and sticking the magnet on the outside of the camera. I think this would work and no one would know! Should scramble the video maybe? Nice old Commando by the way. I like the modded speedo too.

Post subject: Re: Norton in Paris
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:09 pm 

The ONLY way to stop the insanity of these electronic spies, is to stop, and remove from the power to cause the problems in the first place, the very people that insist on running everyone else' lives from positions of authority and stop their power to make it significantly worse.

Here, we have a complete lunatic in charge of Nevada DOT, they "design" the roads and highways. We just had an opening of a new road, bypassing a length of highway, to better serve between Silver Springs, and Reno/Sparks. This will save 30 miles of out of the way distance. The chuckle-head that is in charge of the road design, is a freak for traffic circles. Now, he already designed one in Fernley, that has two accidents on it, PER DAY. every day. This new section of bypass, USA Parkway, has, of course, one of his traffic circles on its lower end. and, of course, at least 1 major accident PER DAY. The problem ISN'T that the population doesn't understand them, simply, they are designed way too small, so, if a three trailer truck enters one, it is too long to get around the thing without causing more trouble that it is worth, and the designer insists the circle is big enough to work with any vehicle package.

He refuses to do a trucks bypass, states that people will use it to bypass his precious traffic circle. He also refuses to do any sort of clover leaf design, that would have worked excellent here. He has 9 more traffic circles in the works as they redesign Highway 50, between Silver Springs (end of USA Parkway) and, Carson City. So far, nobody's come up with a way to put that guy in a rubber suit and weld him into a cell..........YET. We continue to try, though.

Now, I have both driven cars/trucks, and ridden motorcycles, on one heck of a lot of traffic circles around the world, and even ones I am sure JP has done as well, never had problems (including ones in super crowded Paris), but, these here that Ragonese designs, ABSOLUTELY DEADLY.

The Norton is really nice.