Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm 

Going through a rough spot with my mom and pop these days. Mom's health has been more than challenging, that makes my dad unavailable to hang out like I want, same goes with my mom. If you still have either or both of your folks around, give em a call, have some meaningful conversation with them, drop what your doing and just do it. I have missed a lot of opportunities that I could have done better to take advantage of. I have a great relationship with them both, its just that things are uncomfortably different, and the times I had 10 years ago, are not likely to ever be--its been a tough realization.

I know everyone's relationships are different, some not so good, some that probably want nothing to do with their folks. To each his own, but for those that are caught up in busy, and that's the only think keepin ya from reaching out, visiting or calling, please take advantage of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:38 pm 

We are all having problems with aging parents. Hang in there....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:18 pm 

Amen to both posts above! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:17 pm 

rngdng wrote:
We are all having problems with aging parents. Hang in there....

I'm young at only 41...mom is 69 and the last 12 have been so so tough. Parkinsons and all that comes with that has set in deep over the last three years.

Her recent struggles were two broken arms at different points last year...most recently a broken hip all requiring surgery. She's a cardiac patient multiple open hearts....pacers...breast cancer survior...on thinners so any procedure is a minimum one to two week stay at the hospital to balance the inr and cumedin.

Some days i don't know if I'm comin or going. I appreciate the encouragement. God bless my dad and his faithfulness.

I've learned that every day is a gift. I've wasted a lot of time and moments that regretably i know I'll never have or get back. So i make the best with what i have now and i hope ya'll can do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm 

I never looked my dad in the eye and told him that I loved him. He knew it, but I regret that to this day that I didn't say it. He died from complications due to Parkinsons.. If I could be even half the man that he was.. :cry: