Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:45 pm 

Just finished redoing this for my son, he turns 16 soon and is taking the safety coures to get his motorcycle license in a week. This will be his first bike. He never rode as a kid seemed totally uninterested until this old TS 250 came along.
Then he promptly blew it up , it was well on its way already so no big deal, I told him not to rev it so high it was rattling like mad when we got it.

It was rough and now it slightly less rough. Dont look to close it was done fast and furious and CHEAP!! Not much in the way of prep for paint just wanted it NOT all black :D
But it runs well now after the engine rebuild.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 pm 

Really good bike. I am sure you both will enjoy it! :D

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 pm 

Nice :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

And has a "magic" motor! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 pm 

I can't figure it out John ... tried the propane trick no change in idle. Have not done anything else yet except ride it.

It runs great , plugs look good, starts first kick every time cold or hot, idles nice, carburetes clean all the way though. The only flaw so far a very tiny bit of surge if the throttle is shut down from higher Rpms.
Replaced all the seals all the gaskets all new stuff.
Stupid thing won't pass a leak test won't even start to build pressure ... or vacuum sounds like the leak is from behind the stator, I decided to see if it would start and it did and seems to run great!
Once again proving I have no idea what the F I'm doing :wtf:

I realy need to stop working on theses darn old bikes and just buy shiny new ones!

So I did some internet research and have found a couple things that point to the fact that it needs to be looked at carefully .... apparent;y it pretty common for singles to run fine with leaky seals right up to the point they don't :banghead
The seal I believe is leaking is a common seal leak on the TS and it is the most expensive seal in the motor. Suzuki OEM seal is over 40 bucks for that side of the crank. I used a repo seal kit that was all the seals for Half that price.....maybe bitten again by being cheap!!
BUT it is the one side that can be changed without removing and splitting the cases :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:43 pm 

Nice job. I also have a TS250, a '72 model. Great bikes.