Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 am 

Tired of waiting on Kawasaki (LOL) !!! Used the new Kawasaki Z900 frame !!!

Last edited by saint barry on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 am 

I think they would sell a lot more bikes if they looked like these.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:03 am 

Agreed, I think they would sell, I like em!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:17 am 

I would buy one :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:33 am 

I think it looks nice, but I don't agree that they'd sell a lot of them. Unless the potential buyers grew up in the '70s, that look is not particularly familiar to them. I doubt if the group of potential customers has a very high percentage of 60 to 70 year old motorcycle riders who are looking for twice the HP that the original H2s had.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 am 

The point is I think Kawasaki cold make a cheap lightweight retro bike to compete with the XSR Yamaha and the Triumphs pretty easily especially if the rumors of the new Kawasaki 4 stroke 3 cylinder engine are true !!! If Yamaha XSR's are selling well,why wouldn't a cool retro Kawasaki 4 stroke triple sell ??? Problem is,I'm pretty sure Kawasaki's design team doesn't have it in them to do it right,most of Kawasaki's modern bikes have not been that attractive in the looks department, at least in my opinion !!! It's not that difficult,It took me a half an hour with crude cut and paste then retouching the photos in Mac photos and I didn't even use photoshop to render these bikes !!! Just think what someone could do with the design tools that Kawasaki has and a little imagination when it comes to the Kawasaki triple legacy !!! Just like the Yamaha XSR line, Kawasaki could build a series of bikes on the same frame platform based on retro 4 stroke triples,including the H2,H1 and the smaller triples (Yamaha and MV Agusta are building multiple bikes from the same frame platform to bring cost down) !!! Just think of a small retro 4 stroke 400 triple that stayed true to the Kawasaki 2 stroke triple legacy !! Rumor has it the Yamaha is bringing a 4 stroke twin RD350 back in their FZ line !!! I could be wrong but I think Kawasaki is missing a big opportunity here !!! If the Japanese motorcycle magazines are true,the retro and naked bike faze is just coming into its own with new bikes from Honda,Suzuki and Yamaha on the horizon including a new Honda CBX 6 cylinder, a new version of the Suzuki Katana, and the new Yamaha RD 350 to name a few !!! Kawasaki should hire me,I'll point them in the right direction and I'll do it for free (LOL) !!!

Last edited by saint barry on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm 

saint barry wrote:
Kawasaki should hire me,I'll point them in the right direction and I'll do it for free (LOL) !!!

I have plenty of work you can do here for that salary, Barry. You're hired!