Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RIP Adam West
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Even thought you rode a Yamaha. You were a campy hero and inspiration to many a young boy.

Post subject: Re: RIP Adam West
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:33 pm 

It's funny, I was just telling my wife today (before we heard the news) that when I was 6 or 7 I actually met Adam West and got an autographed picture of him in the Batmobile. Wish I could find that! :shock: The series was still running at the time and the Batmobile was on display at the WALY Jamboree, a country radio shindig in Herkimer, NY featuring Norm Wilson and the Country Gentlemen and other local talent. We were there because my Dad was the chief engineer for the station, and I don't remember much else besides meeting Batman, but it's one of those things that makes an imprint on your life and has a special meaning, especially today. :cry:
Godspeed Caped Crusader!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:26 am 

Loved the old Batman show as a kid. Adam West was cool. Sorry to hear about his death. I still have all my Batman trading cards from the 60's including the cards from the Batman movie he did.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 am 

A guy who rode a 2 stroke twin has my sympatie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 pm 

I remember as a kid my Father HATED when Batman came on. My Mom knew how much we loved it so it got priority air time in our house along with Lost in Space, and a few others that he detested. I know most of us on this site are Vintage like our bikes, but for the youngsters out there we only had "1" TV! Yes, it is hard to believe and we only got 5 channels, maybe 6 on a good day, and we had just gotten color TV. So, the Old Man was trapped watching what we wanted to watch before the witching hour of 9:00PM, when after that the TV was his. Meaning, he had to get up off his chair and change the channel, but, that's another story.