Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

I don't "get" all this "bring the 2 stroke back" stuff. 8 or 10 grand for a dirt bike with street tires? No thanks. They aren't triples and never will be. They will be civilized and just be a "different sounding" 4 stroke.

As far as naked look, we couldn't wait for the racer fairing look back in the 80. The UJM look was, and still is boring. The Ninja 900 and the GPzs where the hot tickets. They have just gone too far with the transformer look, and the bikes look like just a bunch of parts slapped together.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I don't "get" all this "bring the 2 stroke back" stuff. 8 or 10 grand for a dirt bike with street tires? No thanks. They aren't triples and never will be. They will be civilized and just be a "different sounding" 4 stroke.

As far as naked look, we couldn't wait for the racer fairing look back in the 80. The UJM look was, and still is boring. The Ninja 900 and the GPzs where the hot tickets. They have just gone too far with the transformer look, and the bikes look like just a bunch of parts slapped together.

+1
The big boys have to design for what sells.
I would have never guessed that the transformers would have become so popular.
The idea that Mama Kaw is going to bring back an upright that looks like Z1 is a pipe dream.
Like it or not, it's a Harley style world out there, at least right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
As far as naked look, we couldn't wait for the racer fairing look back in the 80. The UJM look was, and still is boring. The Ninja 900 and the GPzs where the hot tickets.

I agree UJM's (Universal Japanese Motorcycle for the younger guys on this board) were boring and then we'd put quarter fairings, exhausts, rearsets, shocks etc. to make our bikes "unique"! However I like the look now. For newer bikes (well, built in this century) I really like the ZRX only thing it's a little too big and fast for me. If it were made in a 3/4 size version I'd probably have one.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 pm 

Thats what cool about peoples taste !! I hated fairings on bikes since they were invented !!! The only reason when I was desperate for a new Kawasaki that I didn't by the ZXR was because of its ugly fairing !! I know in Japan they made naked headlight kits for the ZRX and I actually looked into it !!!! As far as not looking forward to a modern 2 stroke street bike I can't believe I'm hearing this !!! Just the suspension upgrades alone on a new F.I. street legal 2 stroke bike would be cool as heck,plus the safety features, the computerize throttle modes and the chance at a bunch of different manufactures producing new 2 stroke street bikes are exciting as hell to me !!! You old men need to go drink some egg nog !!!!! Unless all the magazines in Japan are wrong,Kawasaki is about to produce a 4 stroke retro Z1. Will it look just like the old Z1, probably not, but it will resemble a modern retro version of the bike !!!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:05 am 

I think I'll just keep my 'ole ZX10R sports bike, fastest and best bike I ever had, and continuing a long tradition of Kawasaki dominance in the fast bike stakes!! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:47 am 

Barry, Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance has ZRX parts including a headlight kit.

http://www.holeshot.com/kawasaki/zrx/1100-1200

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 am 

Yamaha has started the trend,Kawasaki is totally behind the 8 ball but I have confidence that we will see some naked retro Kawasaki models soon !!!! I just hope they don't screw it up !!![/quote]

Honda did have the GB500 in 1989/1990 and Kawasaki had the W650 in 2000/2001. Both sold terribly and they were great bikes. They were just ahead of their time. Now I see retro Triumphs everywhere. Even seeing Ducati scramblers and Moto Guzzi V7 classics on the uprise. I agree with y'all, you don't need all that blazing speed to have fun riding the backroads.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 am 

suthernS2 wrote:
I agree with y'all, you don't need all that blazing speed to have fun riding the backroads.

It can even be a relief to ride a moderately powered motorcycle. When you take scary fast power out of the equation, you can focus more on the rest of the ride.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am 

...once I was doing about 290Kph on the ZX10R and I thought I saw a Kangaroo, about 7 kilometres ahead of me....... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 am 

RODH2 wrote:
...once I was doing about 290Kph on the ZX10R and I thought I saw a Kangaroo, about 7 kilometres ahead of me....... :lol:

That's a FAST kangaroo! :o :lol: