Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Over the guard rail
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:37 pm 

Was checking the news at lunch time and saw this clip of a guy hitting a guard rail and being launched into the trees.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/537923031600 ... show-clips

Post subject: Re: Over the guard rail
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 pm 

I always wonder just which closed circuit racing venue those are, that someone is both so arrogant, and, so stupid as to turn them into a race track with NO safety at all. Hope that person was/is OK, and, learned an important lesson, roads and streets, freeways ARE NOT RACE TRACKS.

Also, reminds me of Lapchik, the Mad Hungarian, in the movie "Gumball Rally". I was involved with the motorcycle part of that movie. He ended up in a tree, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 pm 

VERY Lucky Guy . . . Guess it just wasn't his "time" . . . Wonder where the bike ended up though :think:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 pm 

I "slid" into a guardrail on my H2 many many years ago (before cell phones) on a freeway off-ramp. Flipped me over it down a rocky embankment. A bystander helped me up the hill and took me home a couple miles away and my wife drove me to the hospital (the second time she's done that with the H2). Broken collar bone, dislocated shoulder, ribs bruised and some road rash. It hurt like heck but I'd dislocated this same shoulder before - most of the pain was the dislocation. Collarbone hurts too but not as much IMO. My right shoulder is still an inch or so lower than the left (I dislocated the left too). The majority of my really bad crashes have been on dirt bikes though.

First freeway crash a few months after I bought it June 1978 just turning 3500 miles. Makes you wonder how the frick did I crush the bottom of the face?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:29 pm 

I just went to read the online news at Nevada Appeal, a Carson City paper. seems an hour ago, we had a woman lose control on her motorcycle, riding one up on the motorcycle, on snowy pavement, across the center line, was hit by an RV going the other way, diverted to the guard rail. Over the guard rail, woman died at the scene.

This is a whole lot different than the Bozo in the video, this woman wasn't speeding, road conditions were not good. Very sad.

Don't have an ID as of yet, nor where she was from, that really doesn't matter now, but....condolences to her family and friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Seen that 3 times in my lifetime........... :o :o :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 am 

was his lucky day :!:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm 

Attachment:
Crash-2.jpg

Sammy Miler . . . Over the barrier on the I.O.M. TT course in 2009 . . . Bear in mind that Sammy was about 73 years old at the time! :shock:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:06 pm 

Great pic of Sammy miller there rick :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm 

I'd think the great pic wasn't so great after it was taken, when Miller, and the bike finally landed. Even with all the "safety" there can be, there are those instances where nothing goes right. At the very least, there was some form of devices to help a bit, and, safety/medical people near for Miller.