Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 am 

:(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:30 pm 

I'm very sorry for your loss.

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:11 pm 

I am sorry for your loss as well.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:12 pm 

Sorry to hear of your loss , I'm sure you gave him a good life and enjoyed his time with you , urs Al in Aus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm 

had a cat that lived to 21, same thing. he died of old age while i was petting him. he was on the recliner he liked to sleep in but had quit walking a day earlier, but was happy till the last day.

we had a sheltie about 5 years ago that got bit by a brown recluse spider a few yrs ago. she was really old (16 or 17), was still ok in mood but was hurting. to avoid the trauma of taking her to vet and probably losing the leg, i had to take her down myself with a .22 to the back of the skull. she never saw it coming. one of the hardest things i had to do but it was instant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:27 am 

I find it disturbing that we are only allowed to be "humane" to non-humans. I know it's a touchy subject, but I thought Kevorkian was a hero.

Lane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:27 pm 

It is always hard when a dog dies. We invest a lot of emotions, time and energy into our pets. They are a part of the family. My vet said something to me once that helped with the choice. He asked me if I was keeping the dog alive for me or for the dogs sake. The dog had terminal cancer so the choice then became clear to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:22 am 

rngdng wrote:
I find it disturbing that we are only allowed to be "humane" to non-humans. I know it's a touchy subject, but I thought Kevorkian was a hero.

Lane

I know religion is not to be discussed on this forum so if you would like I can PM you or anyone else the difference between animal lives and human life as well as the theological reasoning. Personally, I think more of my pets than I do of a lot of people. Pets, especially dogs, give unconditional love. I hate to hear of someone losing a special pet. They ARE family members.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 am 

H-nube wrote:
It is always hard when a dog dies. We invest a lot of emotions, time and energy into our pets. They are a part of the family. My vet said something to me once that helped with the choice. He asked me if I was keeping the dog alive for me or for the dogs sake. The dog had terminal cancer so the choice then became clear to me.

I completely agree. I found I was keeping a cat plugging along for me and not my cat. She suffered for three days before I realized I was keeping her around for my sake. It is still tough. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm 

triple cranks wrote:
rngdng wrote:

Lane

I know religion is not to be discussed on this forum so if you would like I can PM you or anyone else the difference between animal lives and human life as well as the theological reasoning. Personally, I think more of my pets than I do of a lot of people. Pets, especially dogs, give unconditional love. I hate to hear of someone losing a special pet. They ARE family members.

They really are family .