Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:25 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
So how to this thread turn into talking about beer? :wtf: I need advice on where to move :lol:

I think I apologised further up the thread for the hi-jack!! :lol: Where are you thinking of A.T.M.?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:51 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
So how to this thread turn into talking about beer? :wtf: I need advice on where to move :lol:

Try a few Dogfish Head 90 minute IPAs. Then you'll know where to move.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 am 

Ron, it all went down hill just after I posted that I liked Australia, and the beers they have there. My apologies for even bringing any of it up

I think if I ever get the urge to migrate again, it would be some place with full year around riding abilities, lots of open rural low cost of living, no state income taxes. I am sure no fan of snow and cold weather.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:15 am 

No worries, Dave, we can talk about beer till the cows come home....! :lol: We can help you with everything here except "some" state taxes, might tick all the other boxes. Gets HOT in summer, and the 2-strokes run a bit flat, but the lows in winter are about 45F degrees, H2 runs well!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:47 am 

Pennsylvania :D .

New Yorkers in droves are going to North Carolina , all talking the same talk, low cost of living low taxes, many NYer's are also going to Fla for the same , not wise to make a choice solely on taxes cheap living, weather that doesn't agree with you is worse than high taxes in my opinion, I'm headed to southern Pennsylvania in about 15 years :thumbup: North Carolina can have low taxes and affordable housing but that ridiculously high humidity is a downer :thumbdown: , Fla has zero appeal to me , seems like Fla has surpassed Cali on the crazy dangerous folk .

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 am 

Jackman, Maybe you're referring to coastal NC, which like other eastern states, tends to be more humid than regions farther from the ocean. I've lived in MD and central NC, and have spent significant time in southern PA, just north of Cumberland, MD. They are all very similar as far as summer humidity, which compared to southern CA is higher. NC is a few degrees warmer than MD, but not a lot. It's just enough to make winters noticeably less snowy, and increase the number of good motorcycle riding days.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 am 

Don't move to my state. I have to spend all my time hunting, fishing, and motorcycling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 pm 

At one time, decades ago, I was approached by the Australian Government to the possibility of immigrating to there, as they had very few technically qualified natural citizens. I liked the place, and a lot of the people, but still had family here.

Obviously, Northern Nevada ISN'T Australia, and I still happily live here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:01 pm 

Jim wrote:
Jackman, Maybe you're referring to coastal NC, which like other eastern states, tends to be more humid than regions farther from the ocean. I've lived in MD and central NC, and have spent significant time in southern PA, just north of Cumberland, MD. They are all very similar as far as summer humidity, which compared to southern CA is higher. NC is a few degrees warmer than MD, but not a lot. It's just enough to make winters noticeably less snowy, and increase the number of good motorcycle riding days.

Great Smokey Mt area and honestly I can't remember the town but it was deep in the mountains, the air was full of haze that I was told is humidity coming up from the deep craggy ravines , the haze is always present hence the name Great Smokey, my sister lives there moved down in the late 70's , she likes it there only complaint I hear from her is humidity and high temps, I went there once could hardly breath , we went horseback riding in the mountains back at the barn after a ride along comes a true Southern Belle and she says to to Sister in a southern drawl " Don't Cha All like the cool spell we're having" :o it was hot and sticky nothing at all cool just a tad cooler than usual . On a good note NC lakes are awesome to swim in not at all like NY lakes in NY on the hottest day the lakes are still cold, NC lakes was like swimming in a warm bath tub and I liked that part :D

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:03 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
At one time, decades ago, I was approached by the Australian Government to the possibility of immigrating to there, as they had very few technically qualified natural citizens. I liked the place, and a lot of the people, but still had family here.

Obviously, Northern Nevada ISN'T Australia, and I still happily live here.

Nevada wide open spaces I'd like it big time out there :thumbup:

1974 Yamaha RD350

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next