Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:52 pm 

If the state legislators get their way, Kalifornia just may no longer be a part of the U.S. The movement that is Kalifornia is gaining ground in their efforts to separate from the U.S. I know that this will give us ocean front properties when that place sinks into the sea, but, the cliffs 4K feet high at the coast won't be fun to get to those beaches.

I am ever grateful that, in 2003, I escaped from Kalifornia.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:11 pm 

I here you Dave, just about any place is better then here. I have 5 hours a day stuck in traffic to think about how much I hate this place.
I Plan on doing lots of traveling next spring and summer to check out different states to see what feels right to me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:43 pm 

If you attend the Deals Gap meet, you'll be right on the NC-TN border and have a good base to check out both states. I'm about 7.5 hours east of there, and Carl is probably more like 9. Dale is a pleasant riding distance from the DG motel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:46 pm 

And I am 2 hrs from the gap in the burbs of Knoxville. There are many 2-stroke riders in the Time Warp Vintage Motorcycle Club of Knoxville. I spent the last 4 hours riding with some on 2-strokes and just got home. I leave my house and am on some of the most beautiful backroads instantly. I don't mean to push Tennessee on anyone, but I did the same thing and chose to move here. I also like culture, and Knoxville can provide that a well. You should give it serious consideration. I think it meets ALL of your requirements (and it is close to North Carolina which is equally beautiful!)

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:14 pm 

Living close by to fellow 2-stroke motorcycle riders would be a big plus. I don't ride much up here since I have to ride by myself 99% of the time.
I really would like to make it to Deals gap and meet everyone that I've only know from this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:14 pm 

Kind of nice here in Adelaide, South Australia. No snow, year round riding, no traffic concerns, great roads, Low C.O.L. Wineries to the South, beaches to the West, great hills riding to the East. And Nev. Lush Tuning just down the road. Might be a bit pricey for you blokes to get here, tho!! :lol: Oh, forgot, a Universal Health scheme that works, and rego./titling issues don't exist!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 pm 

Australia is a fun place, I've been fortunate to travel there for many motorcycle road races over the decades, fantastic areas to live in and lots of other great riders to interact and ride with, and, they drink Foster's, don't know if they still have Carlton Draft any longer, but it was THE BEST. Tooth's KB, well, there has to be role models of how not to make beer, I suppose.

And, it should be getting right close to full-on summer down there.

Nevada has a serious issue now, we are getting a lot of Kalifornia legislators retiring to this state, and trying to aim the state into the direction they came from, west on the map, not really great.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:06 pm 

I'm with ROD Adalaide SA , good place , you would love the riding and one of the Worlds best 2stroke tuners , don't even think about South east ,NSW its snows and is very cold roads are crap (If you have a Harley), great beaches (lots of Sharks ), bush camping is so good , (trout , yabbies , purch ) Brown Snakes , Black snakes ,Tiger Snakes, Death Adders , Goannas (big lizards),trapdoor spiders , funnel wed spiders , other than that its pritty good House prices are average , work if you want it , good hospital services ( better funeral services ), car't keep going , am going for a swim with my dog in the lake to see if we can catch a crock ! :wtf: , hoe you like it on the Barbie :lol: :lol: :lol: , urs Al in Aus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:12 pm 

Cheers Dave! No one claiming to be an Australian drinks Fosters, it was mostly an export beer, and I don't know if they even make that watered down Virgins wee any more! :lol: Adelaide is, of course, home to the World's best Brewer, Coopers, and it is worth a visit to their Web-site, if you can't find the real deal. Coopers RED is my brew of choice, when I am not drinking some of the World's best South Aussie wines, Coonawarra and McLaren Vale for the BIG reds, and Clare Valley for the Drier whites! (Tourism add concludes!!) :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 am 

Real men make their own beer. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next