Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:20 am 

67lotus49 wrote:
So I put together a must have list for a what I'm looking for in a state to retire in. :think:
1. Must not be a leftist state
2. Affordable home prices
3. Low tax rate
4. Have a DMV where I can walk in and title any 2-stroke and there happy to take my money
5. Be able to have a gun rack in the back window of my pickup :clap:
6. Be able to water my lawn any day of the week and , wait for it , hose down my driveway :e11
7. Be able to drive 60 miles on a freeway and have it not take 2 1/2 hours :wtf:

New York,

1 No :(
2 No :(
3 No :(
4 No :(
5 Maybe but not gona try it. :?
6 Yes if you're on a your own well, NY has good water too :D
7 Yes but not within 60 miles of NYC

New York not a bad place to live but far from perfect.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 am 

Here we meet the requirements pretty well, except I've never seen anyone hosing down a driveway. It would tend to wash the gravel around. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 am 

Colorado:
1. 50/50 - some things left, some things right.
2. yes
3. yes
4. if you have a title - register anything.
5. everyone has a gun rack. lots of people walk around with guns here (open carry).
6. depends where, plenty of mountain desert and sometimes drought.
7. excluding denver area, no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:00 am 

Barry I have relatives in Colorado and it is 50/50 left and right....cant believe theres not a civl war there especially seeing everyone is armed ..... :P :lol: :lol:
Great state :thumbup: I would move there or maybe Southwest northern Arizona or New Mexico.

The winters here in Wisconsin can suck, we only have 2 areas that are uber liberal, Madison and Milwaukee, every where else pretty conservative, Im not sure gun racks are legal here now, they might be, but you don't see them, taxes are middle of the road no matter how much they want to claim otherwise, you got look at the big picture with taxes, tolls, registration, sales tax, school tax, property values etc. I don't feel ripped off but I don't care much either, both politicly or tax wise, so I could be wrong.
Water away!! Hell leave the hose run all day down the driveway, if your on a well its your pump!
And very little traffic, even near the cities, I complain its getting busy, but then I go visit people in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, or Chicago and realize Im living the life here!
And if you go to the small town DMV's here its a breeze in and out in minutes no questions asked...for now.

Very few retire to Wisconsin unless they have another home somewhere warmer :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am 

We emigrated to Texas from the UK . so quite a change for us.
but it ticks most if not all of your boxes, depending on which city you decide to be near.
plenty of good ridding in the "Hill country" .
fantastic house prices.
the only issue i can see is the DMV.
but out of town they are defiantly friendlier.
cheers mark :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 pm 

GA

1) about 60/40 conservative to liberal. The larger municipalities tend to run liberal and rural areas conservative.
2) nice homes can be had here- 2000 sq ft with 1-2 acres is about $150,000 new. Deals can be had if you don't mind living in the country.
3) average tax rate- we have state in need tax too. Again, rural areas equal low taxes.
4) any vehicle made before 1986 does not require a title to insure/ tag. BOS only. Will need law enforcement to come out and run VIN and they do look for the emissions sticker on a 2 stroke.
5) guns are almost mandatory in GA. Easy to get CCW too. Gun racks in trucks turn up more in country.
6) yes, you can Water Lawn and driveway anytime unless in a drought where they have some water bans/ restrictions depending on the county of residence.
7) we have plenty of interstate hiways here- the only congestion is around Atlanta.

I'm 3 hrs from the Atlantic, 5 hrs from Gulf of Mexico, 2 1/2 hrs to great twisties in N GA, and 4 hrs to the Gap.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:32 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
...and they do look for the emissions sticker on a 2 stroke..

What is an emissions sticker? How do you get one?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
GA

I especially love these two points! :clap:
2) nice homes can be had here- 2000 sq ft with 1-2 acres is about $150,000 new. Deals can be had if you don't mind living in the country.
4) any vehicle made before 1986 does not require a title to insure/ tag. BOS only. Will need law enforcement to come out and run VIN and they do look for the emissions sticker on a 2 stroke.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm 

Jim wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:
...and they do look for the emissions sticker on a 2 stroke..

What is an emissions sticker? How do you get one?

Jim- some of the later 2 strokes like the RZ350 have this sticker on the frame. Earlier 2 strokes do not. I'm guessing that change came around 1981-83 or so??

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm 

Interesting. So what if you try to register an RZ that should have a sticker, and and it doesn't? Do they notice?

My county doesn't have emissions testing at all, and no annual safety inspection if over 35 years old. When I take a newer motorcycle for the safety inspection, the guy knows me, and says "I don't think you'd be riding this if it weren't safe", fills out the paperwork and takes the $14. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next