Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 pm 

I really want to stay in the US, just live in a state that is not so far to the left in more ways than one. The problem with NH not having any state
taxes home owners have to foot the bill with there property taxes. On my $300k house I pay $3800 in taxes but also $2850 a year in Hazard
insurance because with live on the rim of a mountain with very high fire danger. If you search the top 10 states to retire most are in the mid-west.
Low taxes, low crime rate and good access to health care. Also a high quality of life is one of the parameters used to rate states. California
always comes toward the bottom of all lists :lol:

Where looking at Colorado , Idaho , Montana , Wyoming , South Dakota , Tennessee and Maine. Mostly because it's the farthest away from
California. :thumbup: It's amazing how much house and land you can buy in those states for under $200. In Orange County Cal. the medium
home price is $640k so that's why I have to live 75 miles from work to afford a house here. :wtf:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
Where looking at Colorado , Idaho , Montana , Wyoming , South Dakota , Tennessee and Maine. Mostly because it's the farthest away from California. :thumbup: It's amazing how much house and land you can buy in those states for under $200.

Heck, I'd buy a couple houses if they're just $200 apiece.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:55 pm 

Jim wrote:
67lotus49 wrote:
Where looking at Colorado , Idaho , Montana , Wyoming , South Dakota , Tennessee and Maine. Mostly because it's the farthest away from California. :thumbup: It's amazing how much house and land you can buy in those states for under $200.

Heck, I'd buy a couple houses if they're just $200 apiece.

After 14 hour days I do tend to make more than a few typo's Jim. :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 am 

BarryB wrote:
Wife just showed me our property tax for 2017 is halved. Colorado says once you hit 65 and have lived in your home for 10 years and it's your primary residence your property tax is cut in half.

Amazing law :o sounds like a darn good one too :thumbup:

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:23 pm 

Nevada, lower part of the state, those people have it, the Harry Reid set, BAD. Further up is where the sensible, thinking people live, Cartoon City, Reno, and parts close.

I almost emigrated to Australia many decades ago, but family member got sick, kept me here taking care of her. Great place, Australia, mostly all fantastic people there as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 pm 

The Sierra Nevada Foothills in Cali is pretty nice, DMV and insurance sucks , but last Wed & Thurs,I was able to ride the motorcycle to and from the ski hill . I was a merchant Marine and could live pretty much anywhere and this area is perfect for a motorcycle enthusiast, ski bum and flyfisher!!! My town is small ( no stop lights) 1 hr to Tahoe and 3 hrs to hwy 1,property taxes aren't high enough to justify moving to Nevada and leaving the best sport bike roads around to live in the desert, but to each there own!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:17 pm 

The Sierra's are somewhat nice (soon to be fully over populated, though), and, they are still in "THAT" state I escaped from all those years ago, and I will never look, nor go back.

Best advice from a former Kalifornia slave to taxes and chaos, get outta there while you still can.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm 

I would've moved out a long time ago if I lived in so cal !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:39 pm 

I'm only here because of my job. Since I'm getting ready to retire it's just about time to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:57 pm 

I live in Illinois, so I have 49 choices to live in a better state. Lucky for me, I live about 1 mile from the Indiana border, where the good, twisty roads are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next