Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 am 

m in sc wrote:
there are very few bikes i really despise. CX500, cm400 (or any cm) and any guzzi. i dont know why, i freakin hate them. just saying.
nothing about them technically, they are just the rosie o donnells of motorcycles, they appeal to me in no what whatsoever.

that being said, those who have em love em.

Classic Post ^^^^^^^^^^ :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:21 am 

husson73 wrote:
Look at my files at home yesterday evening and the 1985 model year 1000cc Le Mans has a 16 rear wheel and the tester said about this 16 rear wheel "this makes the bike unstable and with bad handling", a shame as those with18 rear wheel are very stable even at high speed

I thought the rear wheel always stayed as an 18" and it was only the front they changed to a 16" purely following the fashion of the day. There were no changes made to the geometry, just the drop in wheel size, and the bikes were criticised by everyone for their poor stability. It was a common modification in the day for owners to re-instate an 18" from an earlier version, and guzzi themselves also saw the light and went back to 18" after a few years.

BTW there was an H2 from Italy at an early UK rally around those years sporting a 16" front wheel, amongst numerous other mods.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am 

you right HAl was the front wheel on 16 but my file was in Italian and I wrongly translated "ruota anteriore" as rear wheel, difficult some time to go directly to one foreign langage to an other foreign language :eh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 pm 

I like the look of that new v7 classic.Felt good sitting on it.Never ridden one though.If it has a clunky transmission,then I would not have it either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:18 pm 

Yeah, it is hard to find bikes with as good a shift as a H1 or H2, as much as we critisize them. Suzuki seems to have it sussed, definitely not Guzzi!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 am 

Thanks for all your posts and thanks for the honesty.
I dont care, im going too try it next weekend anyways :lol: :lol:
I knew everything yaz criticised about it because i spent some hours on the net looking for info. Although nothing was said about the clunky gearbox so thanks for that info i will keep it in mind when i test ride.
In the bike defence, these motors will do 200k before needing a rebuild kinda like a beemer. Although not a racer, standing 1/4 in 12.5 seconds top speed of 130mph i think, so thatsplenty for me plus grunt. 16inch front wheel is fine with modern tyre but apparently these bikes a very modulated and easily changed too 18 if desired. Average electrics aint gonna seize the engine :lol: :lol:
Head winds aint a problem :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 am 

my freinds brother had a 850 lemanns in red and black,
he had it for 18 months which was a long time for him (had a stake in a small dealers and would change often).
i only had one ride and it was great to me (only had a rd350).
when are we getting the pics.
mark

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 am 

two-stroke-brit wrote:
my freinds brother had a 850 lemanns in red and black,
he had it for 18 months which was a long time for him (had a stake in a small dealers and would change often).
i only had one ride and it was great to me (only had a rd350).
when are we getting the pics.
mark

Soon Mark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 am 

Obviously l liked it.
Its getting a bit crouded around here :lol:
Im gonna build a decent garage...this year :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 am 

GONGRATS COOPS! Looks gooooood..... :thumbup:
I like Guzzi's a lot, quite bulletproof tech, hydraulic pushrods, electronic ignition, fuel injection (ok yours still with carbs but still good), separate big, strong enough tranny, dry big clutch (like car), shaft drive... you can ride it forever !
How do you like the sway when you give a little gas on neutral when the bike is not moving :lol: