Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:30 am 

So I've been without a bike for 3 months and really miss it. Almost bought a Honda XR650R but just don't like the sound of 4-strokes. Trying to find
a 72-5 F9 that must have a title. Can be restored or a project. I like the gold 74's the best, don't care for the 70, 71 F5's. The more original the better.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Are yo on face Book?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 am 

PM'd you - Re: eBay listing. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pm 

Thanks for the link Darrin, for some reason it doesn't show up on my Kawasaki search list. I check ebay everyday and must miss a few. Maybe that 75 is listed under parts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
Thanks for the link Darrin, for some reason it doesn't show up on my Kawasaki search list. I check ebay everyday and must miss a few. Maybe that 75 is listed under parts.

I think I just typed in Kawasaki bighorn, set a minimum amount at $200 to weed out most of the cheaper stuff, clicked on USED, and it came up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:05 pm 

I contacted the seller and it has a open title from 1978. I have been burned before with open titles. The last 4 bighorns I have seen all have title issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:46 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
I contacted the seller and it has a open title from 1978. I have been burned before with open titles. The last 4 bighorns I have seen all have title issues.

Open title? Haven't heard that term before...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:02 pm 

That's when someone sells a bike with a title from the previous owner and they never transferred it into there name. Also called title skipping,
the DMV has a big problem with that. I found out the hard way. I guess you could forge the original title owners name and keep your fingers
crossed that it works. I hate dealing with the DMV here. I have called Sacramento title compliance so much they recognize my voice, not a good thing :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:35 pm 

67lotus49 wrote:
That's when someone sells a bike with a title from the previous owner and they never transferred it into there name. Also called title skipping,
the DMV has a big problem with that. I found out the hard way. I guess you could forge the original title owners name and keep your fingers
crossed that it works. I hate dealing with the DMV here. I have called Sacramento title compliance so much they recognize my voice, not a good thing :roll:

Ron,
Is the Big Horn a calif bike?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:43 pm 

It's in Missouri, from the pictures it looks all there and needing a complete restoration. My days of dealing with the CA DMV are over, just
not worth it. Hope all is well with you Don.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Kawasaki- ... 3i&vxp=mtr