Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Raccoon epidemic...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 am 

As stated before. Good .22 air rifle with a night vision scope. Need about 800fps or more to kill raccoons.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
two-stroke-brit wrote:
They will be back with power tools next time. :lol:

That's so yesterday, I saw 3 of them in Ace hardware getting keys cut..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is going to get me through the day. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:07 pm 

My wife used to feed her cats on the back deck, the 'coons would sometimes come in the middle of the night and raid the food bowl!

There would sometimes be four or five, they looked like bandits when I'd turn the light on and surprise them!

Luckily they never did any damage.
The cats are fed in the laundry room now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:37 am 

Sears Optical Commercial from years back...HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfYpJNaxPrQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 pm 

I like 'em and they are cute, funny too. Three of them show up every night to visit my cat and clean up the leftover Purina cat chow. They are followed or joined by a possum and he (she, it?) is a cutie too. I wouldn't harm them for anything. I try to keep them out of the house...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm 

kawi3cyl wrote:
We've had some over the past several years as well, here in Sacramento CA. I've installed a motion solar light, and plan to install several more around the house, for starters.

I found a link that explains that coyote urine (powered in a box) works to keep them away, as they are a natural predator of the coons. http://www.shake-away.com/Deer.php?page=Deer

http://www.bernardandagnes.com/journal/raccoon.shtml

True story - a friend of mine who is an investment banker making about $800K per year, had his soffits peeled back by racoons who then moved in. He called me all fired up one Saturday at about 5:00am telling me to hurry over - apparently the unwelcome tenant was on the roof trying to shimmy down the drain pipe. When I got there, he was in the driveway with a Titleist driver..his wife in her house coat was watching one of the downspouts with a hockey stick and his eldest daughter watched another with a steel shovel. He wanted me to get up on the roof, chase it down the nearest downpipe where someone from his family would pulverize it. Long story short, as I did a lap of the house for re-con, I noticed all the drainpipes had margarine containers with vile smelling liquid in them...so I asked:

"Hey Andy - what's in the containers?"
"That's coyote urine - racoons are terrified of it.."
"Seriously? How did you collect that without getting mauled?"
"Right, it was going to be really hard to get, so I went on a diet of chipmunks and squirrels, and collected my own urine."
"That's your piss?"
"Yup"
"You're sick - call an exterminator"