Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 am 

I love my 72 H2 for quick blasts :o , but for a long run I take the GSXR1100 :D , for tight twisty stuff my SV 650 is the winner and theres so many more I wish I owned to choose from , urs Al

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 am 

Mine. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:06 am 

Jim wrote:
I don't know, all I've ever had is my H2.

You just got lucky, Jim! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 am 

I have multimotorcyclemania disease, I like them all, and wherein is the problem.

I like the Valkyrie because it is smooth and comfortable...

I like the H1A because it is not smooth and comfortable.... With the H1A you don't just ride it, you operate it. You have to listen and feel and give it what it wants. There is always the excitement to the double fading shoe front brake.

I like the H2 because it is more modern feeling and still is a triple, just a little rough around the edges. Easier to ride than the H1 and faster than I think it is. Much less of a hit when it comes on the pipe and it has good brakes.

I like riding the ZRX because it pulls from 1500 to 10500, feels good to ride as long as you don't ride long enough to let the seat give you the “pain-in-the bum” syndrome.

I like the XR650R because for the pig it is, the thing is a great dirt bike. It handles good with the right suspension set up and it has POWER. Fourth gear wheelies with my fat carcass on it.

I would have more but I am out of room, it would probably like them too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 am 

the KDX has been the most fun to me lately. Theres something to be said for a bike you can beat the living crap out of for hours on end (rocks, mud, water crossings, jumps, sand) and at the end of the day rinse it off with a garden hose.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 am 

For daily rides I mostly like to ride my R1200R; it's new, reliable, comfortable and stinking fast. Otherwise, it depends on where I'm going....

A long/overnight ride and/or GF on back = R1200R

To a bike/car show or vintage meet = H2 or Black Bomber

Meet and ride with some other vintage riders = H2 or Black Bomber

Trail riding = KLX 250 (huh....351)

No matter where I ride for whatever reason the H2 always gets the biggest WOW factor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 am 

I love the Blackbird. Quick, quiet and stealthy. And reliable as an anvil.

H1B is a pain....esp around or near cops and/or neighbors. Can't play with it too much--noise!
....but it draws a crowd everywhere it goes.

CBX is pretty neat...up to around 80 then the wind wants to tear me off the bike.
It is fun to stand back and watch the people silently count the cylinders.

750 Turbo Kaw.
The power is incredable once the boost goes from 9 psi up to 15. Sorta like the H1 except that it will light the back tire up instead of the clutch. Now that we have upgraded to a Nissan 280ZX turbo and an enhanced oiling system, it should not be eating turbos.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 am 

I agree....It depends on the ride or event. :think:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm 

I have to go with scrambler73 about the dirt. I rode KXs and KDXs for years. The KXs had the hole shot, but you could spend an entire day thrashing the KDX200 and it was very hard to get yourself into trouble and it was nearly bullet-proof. Wish I had another. The KX, though a wonderful bike, was too much work to ride for a long time.

I rode a Yamaha 650 Maxim, shaft drive that was good for cruising, but nothing more than 3 or 4 hours.

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm 

Now that I have a precious H2B (or two), I know I will have one till I drop. But my other bikes tend to come and go. Currently I have a Rocket III Roadster for longer, more comfortable, more relaxing trips and I'm really happy with it ............ although it can be a scary ride if you are so inclined :shh: ....... and it is a triple :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next