Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:44 pm 

I thought it had 3 pipes, interesting is the word.

The triple MC-1 is GREAT! Looks like there are a few of those one-off's, like the Z1 mini as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 pm 

Ok... What am I missing with the green bike... I know it has an H1 tank and shows "500" on the left side cover but.... The clutch cover has Kawasaki inside the green painted indention.... In other words... It appears to be sporting an H2 clutch cover... I've always thought they were not interchangeable

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:37 pm 

Bobby-S wrote:
Ok... What am I missing with the green bike... I know it has an H1 tank and shows "500" on the left side cover but.... The clutch cover has Kawasaki inside the green painted indention.... In other words... It appears to be sporting an H2 clutch cover... I've always thought they were not interchangeable

ya ain't missing nothing Bobby... it's an H2 engine!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 pm 

Not to take away from the beauty of this amazing bike, but the head pipe lengths are unusual.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:10 am 

kawah2swede wrote:

don't count H2 engine and BTW Caralp didn't built it he paid a guy to built it :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:26 am 

What's up with the rear brake? Is that a DLS? :think:

I like it! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:22 am 

Laverda, was originaly fitted front on the Laverda :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 am 

RB's hill climber.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 am 

YES, as I said before, dual leading shoe rear brake. Look just above and below the "W" on the Wiseco decal, above, pivot lever/shaft for the second brake shoe cam, below, connector rod between levers.

Bobby, the H1 cover can be used on an H2 engine, with modifications to the sealing area at the front of the cover, and sealing off the kick start hole. These mods are outlined for the H1R dry clutch road race cover to fit an H2 engine for use in the H1R road race chassis. It was a modification process to upgrade the H1R into being a 750 powered road racer.

The mod will carry over from H1 street engine with wet clutch cover to H2 street engine with wet clutch, but, the kick start shafts are different size, from what I remember. With the advent of the H1B, there was no need to do this H2 cover for any H1 triple engine, or H1 cover to H2 engine, as the H1B and later clutch covers didn't retain the distributors in them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:11 pm 

Wow, thanks for the additional pics on that exceptional H1 with the up-pipes. Supercool, especially those mega drum brakes, whatever they were off of. Not sure I'm diggin' the gold frame though, that's a little over the top/blingalicious for my tastes.

Anyway, does anyone know of a beefier front end with thicker stanchions and a little more travel that can be transplanted onto the older H1 front end with minimal mods/machining? And how about swingarms? Looking for something maybe a little longer than the original and that would accommodate a fat knobby tire. I'd like to preserve the use of the front and rear drums if possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next