Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 am 

15-20 paper round; first 14 months morning paper, then evening paper while at secondary school and merchant navy engineering college.
20-43 engineer merchant navy, left the sea when company closed at the end of 1997. Passed exams for higher certificates of competency in the meantime, qualified as chief engineer though never reached that exalted rank- started as apprentice, finished as second engineer. Left the sea at the end of 1997, worked in technical department of research institute, retired since 1/9/2011.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 am 

I am a fur tanner. Me, my father, and one other guy tan furs for the surrounding taxidermists. We also do some mounting/taxidermy and hides for walk in customers. But our main work is tanning for other taxidermists. When they get the cape/hide back from us, all they have to do is slip it on the Styrofoam mount and finish it up. Here is an old website we threw some pictures on that we have accumulated over the years. I run the fleshing machine in the pictures.
http://micetomoose.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:47 pm 

First job in 1970 was delivering daily bulletins for the Military base in the Azores Portugal.. (Military brat, born and raised overseas until 72) got $.30(cents) per customer a month and delivered 5 days a week.... Made about $7 a month..
Came to the USA in 72 and "invented" the motorcycle.. :thumbup: Did nothing really but odd jobs to pay for gas and ride until graduating high school in 76.. Joined Military, and got paid to blow up stuff.. Then learned to rebuild and install Weapons systems on the F4 and F15. Got a job training the system at Lowry AFB.. Got a job in Saudi teaching weapons systems.. Came back to US and after the military and helped my dad on his sod farm.. Then started a lawn service and irrigation install/repair.. Got it going well, and then opened a scooter rental (40 little two strokes) business on Panama City Beach FL. Sold that, and went to just irrigation repair/install again.... Worked 3-4 days a week and rode the rest.. Winters I just rode.. Retired now.. Just ride my motorcycles and drive my (86 GLHS) Turbo Dodge Omni now...

Allen.... Seen riding a Honda lately... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm 

Good history Allen - I knew about the last bits, nice knowing the rest.

Cheers/bb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 pm 

Interesting thread.................here's my gig's.
1969-1971 Paperboy...
1973 Got married at 17, joined the Navy 2 year guy.
1975 -1977 Came home to Huntington WV and worked at glass factory Owens Illinois, Union....a whopping $5 plus an hour. And Blue Cross Blue shield, paid 100% paid retirement........the old America, now defunct.
1977 Quit the drone union job to work as a Honda "car" mechanic at Honda dealership.
1978-1980 Big time steelworker union job at Huntington Alloys plants, "Canadian owned"
1980 Sick of the weather, took my family, 6 year old son and 2 year old daughter and wifey, moved to Clearwater Florida.
1980 -1982 Worked at Datsun dealership when it changed to Nissan as flat rate mechanic. Went to college part time for the next 12 years until 92 0r 93, got enough credits to be a Junior at Eckerd College. Finally gave up on it.
1982-1984 Worked as tow truck driver. Had Clearwater PD contract. Friday and drunk nights were fun towing shattered drunkmobiles. Private impounds. Fee tows. Commission. Made good money.
1984-1995 Worked as Chrysler line tech, master tech at dealership. Ahh, the good ole days of POS K cars. And a few turbo omni's like Allen has......
1995 Got divorced, sick of life and the Florida inferno, moved to Colorado springs, started working as automotive service advisor, learned to ski. Loved Colorado and the west and still go out to ski.
1996 Got homesick for family and moved to Columbus Ohio were my brother lived, got a job as as automotive service advisor at Chrysler dealer and then at Volvo dealership.
2000 Met my new future wife in Cincinnati and decided to move there, could not stand the stress of customer service automotive job so I got a job at country club golf course turf equipment technician.
2000-2012 Worked as turf equipment mechanic at same course for this 10 year duration.
2010- Dated the beautiful, gorgeous, lovely Lee Ann for 10 years and decided to marry her a few days after the 2010 gap meet.
2013 Got a job at Dayton Country Club as Equipment Manager and head mechanic. I have one assistant in mow season and five guys in the winter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:08 am 

Fathers paint shop - :e9
Life Guard
DJ
Chiropractor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm 

Auto Body mech ,Motorcycle repair since 17 years old!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:45 pm 

Engine builder for Hendrick Motorsports, 20 years now. Before that I built engines for smaller teams and bounced around a lot

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

How cool! I'm liking this thread...... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm 

rusty34 wrote:
Engine builder for Hendrick Motorsports, 20 years now. Before that I built engines for smaller teams and bounced around a lot

do you know Cole Chitty?
he worked for Hendrick.
good friend of mine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next