Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:30 pm 

Middle school, high school, and college math and science tutor the last thirty years. I'm particularly helpful to young ladies around 28 or so because I know they deserve extra attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:46 pm 

Location: Barbados, a tiny island in the Caribbean 166 square miles
72blueH2 wrote:
Middle school, high school, and college math and science tutor the last thirty years. I'm particularly helpful to young ladies around 28 or so because I know they deserve extra attention.

I'll bet. bahahahahahahahaha :mrgreen:

"I tried to restrain myself, but I escaped." ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 pm 

I was bike mechanic in Toronto for about 20 years then in 98, I married an American girl and moved to the States. I live in Florida now and work as a free fall photographer. When you go to make a tandem skydive, I'm the guy who you hire to take pictures and make a video of your jump.

Here's a pic I took a couple weeks ago:

Here's a video i just shot today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh2JSJLXBKc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like a exciting job! You must be into early 500's with drum brakes, about the same danger factor....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm 

I am afraid of heights and H1s. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 pm 

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:29 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Interesting, I think Jim was referring to the L188 Electra airliner, where Barry's pic of the Earhart plane is also a Lockheed Electra....... (and an Electra also features in the final scene in 'Casablanca' for all you trivia buffs!) Am I wandering off thread....? :lol:

Yes, not knowing a lot about airplanes, I didn't know there was more than one Electra.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:53 pm 

[quote="captainpooby"]I was bike mechanic in Toronto for about 20 years then in 98, I married an American girl and moved to the States. I live in Florida now and work as a free fall photographer. When you go to make a tandem skydive, I'm the guy who you hire to take pictures and make a video of your jump.

a buddy of mine did a NAKED skydive for charity in the UK .

said the weirdest part was the temp change as he dropped in altitude.

cool job . :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:56 pm 

Suzuki mechanic in the mid 60's for worlds largest Suzuki dealership.. in Houston. We got the 1965 Suzuki X-6 Roadracer from Cycle Magazine.
wrenched Suzuki's 2-strokes till I went to college (Computer Science) at University of Houston, then worked Yamaha 2-strokes. Got factory certified, raced flat track and motocross for 10 years. Did a lot of 2-stroke porting and crank-stuffing!

Got in to computers in high school in 1967. Brain said YEAH! Hands said "Where's the wrenches?" After college went Army. Basic at Ft Lenard Wood Missouri in Dec 1971. Army Security Agency for 3 years working SIGINT. Stayed with Army Intelligence and Security Command for 20 years, then Army Land Information Warfare and Army 1st Information Operations Command for 17 years running the Army Penetration Testing and Exploitation Program and finally Army Cyber Command running the Army Cyber Intrusion Analysis Program.

So been a computer geek for 40 years but kept wrenching 2-strokes and Chevys. Had a Honda 160 back in the mid '60s, Honda 305 bored to 350 in late '60s, then Yamaha DT-1 250 that I flat tracked and motocrossed. Got my Kaw H2 in '72. Added dual front disc, 1st over, notched the pistons (cheaper than cutting ports!), Wirges (I know :-( ). Basically a café bike.

So have the geeky side with computers and the hand-on mechanic side (often competing for my time and interest)! Retired once from Federal service (40 years) now with a Cyber Security company to get lots of money to build retirement house in Washington state. and do a resto-mod of my kaw. New jugs, 1st over Wossners, crank by Charlie with koyo bearings and lab seals, Walms WTF pipes with internal stingers, TM-34 flats, 83 KZ750 frontend, dual disc, rear swinger single disc, mags, modified 74 tank with GPZ pop up GT gas cap, KZ1000 fuel gauge and sender, reshimmed trany, all LED and HID lights, 15 plate Barnet clutch with Denco pusher and new style Sytex actuator, stainless brake lines, KZ rear air shocks, 16/46 gearing, S3 side stand, 73 reduced volume oil pump, 74 wider 2-3 shift fork, Darth's new oil line balls and springs, 74 H1-E coils with removable wires, converted to 74 H2 choke and controls with on/off, new seat foam, all wheel bearings, seals, etc.

Will do a complete frame off total rebuild.. in excruciating detail to rival Darth's "Frame up" topic on KTOG as soon as I retire for the last time early next year and move to Seattle area. Still to go will be JA_Moos Stage II 750 porting (with a lot of my own cleanup/port matching, transfer smoothing, custom intake/filter), head work (squish), and of course... REEDS. Waiting for his Stage II 750 reeds to be done!

Rick

72 H2 #5297, Charlie crank, WFT pipes, Wossners, TMS38, 15 plate Barnet, SyTech, Denco Pusher, KZ750 frt/rear,
EX500 discs, all LED, 73 Oil pump, Darth Oil check/springs, 75 2-3 shift fork
To Do: Squish, 2MM Lift, Portwork, Zeel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:40 am 

I worked clean-up and light service work then worked my way up to a GM dealership service manager for nearly 15 years. Now I'm a Moto Guzzi, Suzuki, Beta, & Kymco dealer!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next