Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:25 pm 

Well..... I got my girlfriend pregnant when I was the ripe old age of 18. As a total loser, I spent the next year bouncing from job to job, afraid to tell her I was fired from the previous one. I worked in gas stations, lumber yards, temp jobs, etc. I received 13 W-2 forms that year and worked 2 under the table construction jobs!

Finally, I became an apprentice mechanic working on GMs and eventually did Toyotas. Ten years later, I decided I needed something more so I went back to school. Man, I had to take English and Algebra 1 all over again! I ended up as a Physician Assistant in Emergency Medicine where I've been for about 18 years now and are the president of our union here in Orange County, CA.

Thanks Jmoo for asking us all to share this. It's why there is so much talent in these forums!!

Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:13 am 

the beginning seems not really perfect but the following ist more better :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 am 
Site Admin

We all make mistakes, it's what we do about them that is the difference. Richfan took the responsible way. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 pm 

yes going back to school gets harder the older you get. :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 am 

Took my old job back at a fluid and air power house as the engineer.

Past 4+ years, was in corporate management believe it or not. It was great, had its benefits for sure (pay/world travel/etc) but got sick of it, back to doing what I enjoy, and actually making good money doing it. Also, back to having access to machine tools again and never having to wear a suit to another stupid board meeting or do a 3 year projection, budget.. (was in management at Desoutter/CP/AtlasCopco Assembly systems). Left the division at its historically highest level of income and profit, and top globally in NPS scores throughout all the divisions, which were all my responsibility. (doubled revenue inside of 3 years while driving customer satisfaction up). Lots of you guys companies were our customers in some way or another.

You know what they say, leave while you are on top. Resigning was a very happy moment for me, but I miss my old team. Reason for leaving was corp politics coming from Sweden & France. That's a VERY long story.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:13 am 

I'm a graphic artist since I was 18 years old and after a 5 years contract to that company now I have my own business which is printing press.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 am 

That makes you somewhat younger than most of us, Viper. :P Congratulations on having your own business, and may it be very successful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:51 am 
Site Admin

In the long run, it is worth it to be your own boss...... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:52 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
In the long run, it is worth it to be your own boss...... :thumbup:

With employees ????? :roll: :crazy:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
In the long run, it is worth it to be your won boss...... :thumbup:

I would say maybe....Maybe not.

I've worked in the corporate 500 world 40 years now and most of them have been pretty good.

Decent salary, most with great benefits, 401k matching, right now I get 6 weeks paid vacation.

Because I'm a knowledge worker SME in high-tech I work from home (and wear white socks) :thumbup:

I'm not alone in this either. Many high-tech companies don't require a cube-farm employee anymore. My company alone has over 20,000 remote workers globally.

With technology the days of (brick and mortar) requirements are fading.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next