Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

LOL, thanks to Barry and his Missus, I have more than enough cow stuff to last a lifetime........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 pm 

oh yeah.. Mowing Lawns! Forgot about that..
I mowed the lawn for the company my dad worked for a couple of summers (age 18-19) as well.

And speaking of "yard maintenance", a friend (who grew up in a trailer) and I would go door-to-door in the trailer court after big snowstorms to see if anyone needed their driveway shoveled.

We'd end up with a hundred bux in our pockets at the end of the day. :thumbup: Anything to make a buck.

That friend is now a successful land developer in California. From growing up in a leaky-roofed 1960's tin death trap, to a nice view of the Ocean. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm 

age 14/15 stacking shelfs in a supermarket.
age 16 deck chair attendant
(Douglas beach Isle of man)
age 16 I did a 5 year joinery apprenticeship.
also worked at this time salting herring on the pier at night for a year 5pm till 9pm
Dirty job but so well paid!
I would earn my apprentice Joinery wage in two nights!
I needed the money as I was racing!!
Age 21 to 23
Lighthouse Keeper!! Honest!
I spent 6 weeks of my life here on the bell rock (goggle it!)

Age 23 to 25 Joiner
Age 25 to now Building Contractor.
Its been good :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 am 

That's pretty cool Malcolm, I watched a show on your lighthouse. Lots of history there!
We're you lucky enough to bring a girl friend with you? :)

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am 
Site Admin

Crap, Malc reminded me that I also worked at a convenience store. And that reminded me that my actual first mechanics job was at a Texaco station, and then that reminded me that me and my buddy did bodywork out of his brother garage for a while. And that reminded me that I did denture and partial repair for my Dad in Jr. High.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:46 am 

started to work on summer at 16 years old (1972) at Rungis wholesale food market http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March%C3%A ... _de_Rungis a unpacker on fruits and vegetables, hard work but good pay for have money for bikes.
Did it each year mostly on summer and school holiday time and finished at 19 years old as grapefruit chief
working also as carpenter on summer
then worked on a petrol station still on the summer, served petrol, did oil change and tyres: very good job with the tips.
then was still on summer technical guy on hot and cold drink vending machines.
also supervisor of day school and trade unionist.
Then teaching assistant in civil laws at University.
Later when I was already lawyer on supreme Courts teacher on administrative laws

went to law university at 18 years old and got my graduates and diploms as lawyer and lawyer of the supreme Courts
Still have the best average on 5th year in law studies on my University and one of a very few guys who got his diplom to be supreme Courts lawyer on 3 years cause usually you miss one time during the 3 years of studies :?
did also studies in University in History on which was graduates too
add Accouting diploms too.

Lawyer assistant then lawyer on the bar of Paris, then lawyer on the supreme Courts
was also secretary of the conference of the bar of supreme Courts lawyers.

racing between 1977 and 1982 seriously (77 to 79 1000cc production race on 750 H2, 80 and 81 125cc production race on Aspes Juma, 82 250 cc production race on Yamaha 250 LC and on 1984 with a borrowed ZXR 750)
won 125cc production race endurance championship on 1981 was 2d on 125cc production road high climbing,
won 250cc production race endurance championship on 1982

what else? am a well know 3 rail toy train collector (and player) and have a good knowledge on Art Nouveau, Art Deco, comtemporary furnitures as I love such furnitures that I have on my flat which is on a famous Art Nouveau building. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm 

husson73 wrote:
and have a good knowledge on Art Nouveau, Art Deco, comtemporary furnitures as I love such furnitures that I have on my flat which is on a famous Art Nouveau building. :mrgreen:

Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Arts and Crafts design is very cool, if i made more money than i do now, i would start to get in to it for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:47 pm 

I think Art Deco is my favorite style. I also still have my Lionel trains. And my H2, come to think of it. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 pm 

Jim wrote:
I also still have my Lionel trains.

I have my dads Marx train set when he was a kid. His parents probably couldn't afford the Lionel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 pm 

I think Neil Young is a big backer/supporter of Lionel Trains, don't know much about them, other than that........!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next