Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:58 am 

Hi Ja-moo, typical emblem costs about $30K to tool up, but we get $0.3 to $0.6 on average per emblem. Nothing cheap about that! :e11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, i worked in a plastic part manufacturing plant, nothing is cheap with those molds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 pm 

-Started mowing lawns at age 10. Dad let me use his mower the first summer--I managed to get 11 accounts by age 11, and was pulling in nearly 200 bucks a week. He shut that down, drove me around to garbage pick a mower and told me to get her running or pay him for using his! Lots of lessons learned at such a young age. I owe my dad so much and know my love of tinkering came from him and that experience alone.

-worked as a parts runner for NAPA at age 16.
-continued to mow lawns all along until present day actually...I still hold 8 regular mowing jobs!! Great parts funding there...
-high end mountain bike shop mechanic
-pizza hut delivery
-went to CSU for a BSME
-got married to my pizza hut sweet heart :thumbup:
-co-oped at a gas fired burner manufacturer as a process engineer
-first salaried engineering job was in product development and applications engineer lab tech for Osborn Manufacturing (Brush manufacturer)
-consultant engineer in mechanical, electrical, and section 8 boiler inspection work for a loss prevention insurance company FM Global
-applications & technical sales engineer at an instrumentation company Meriam Instrument
-project manager for an engineering company Clarke Reliance
-at present project manager of the nuclear group at AT&F, supplying heavy wall components for nuclear power plants.

odds & ends, I like to fabricate and do some light machining in my shop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm 

About where do you live, Redcloud? (maybe add something general to your profile) Wondering if you might be going to the 2-stroke meet next month.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 am 

Jim wrote:
About where do you live, Redcloud? (maybe add something general to your profile) Wondering if you might be going to the 2-stroke meet next month.

Thanks Jim...getting myself reestablished here! Found my original avatar...got that posted...I'm up north if ya wont hold that against me :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 am 

My mother was from Ohio, across the river from Wheeling, WV.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16