Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 pm 

I still keep seeing this message:

"The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 pm 

Hi, I spent some time here reducing the file size, here are 2 pix I hope upload finally!!!

I need ot buy front spokes and tire for this bike also, I put 30 miles on it today without losing control, I was being "gentle" with the power curve, it wasn't easy tho, I love when a bike can spoil me, and it will take time, it runs great until I hit 50ish, and I feel some vibes in it, probably the same think Jeff noticed. Also, I lost my rubber off the kickstand today also, I spent 3 hours looking for it without avail, I am so mad!! It's not good if you lose your rubber!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 pm 

Don't get too obsessed with finding the stuff that falls of, it's part of the triple experience. That kickstand rubber is available as a reproduction.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm 

more pix

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:25 pm 

Jim wrote:
Don't get too obsessed with finding the stuff that falls of, it's part of the triple experience. That kickstand rubber is available as a reproduction.

Hi Jim, I put those stupid harley bullet blinkers on the aftermarket luggage rack that already had a hole drilled in them to save the OEM one in a bag, for safety reasons, I got the oem blinker relay from Japan that I had to mount in the headlight shell. I read the schematic, and found out the blinker swich which was already on the handlebar has a plug in there with a stem for the relay to push on. I did not have to cut any wires, I used some old male and female connectors and put those lights in which only cost me 14.99usd.....it's kinda cool because I dont have to take my hands of the handlebars anymore to make a turn. If I sell the buke I simply can unplug them and remove the optional relay I found in Japan. I think everyone likes my blinkers, compact, not sticking out 6inches, etc. Just a safety precaution, and I am keeping the oem grab bar safe in a ziplock bag lol

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:25 am 

By the way, does anyone have a gas tank like this for sale so I can have a spare? lol

Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:00 am 

I have a couple :e11

Nice bike there

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:53 am 

I blew by the GSXR at about 90 mph and he caught me at a traffic light. He had made an illegal turn to chase me down and find out what passed him.

Casey's bike is in really good shape. He had pretty much everything sorted out on the bike before I got there. Just needs the jetting upped a little to run perfectly. I ordered the jets for it yesterday. As for the rest of the bike, all it needs is some standard maintenance work. The tires that are on it have good tread, but they are hard as a rock. And the front wheel is badly out of true which explains the vibration at certain speeds. Other than that, the bike is fine. The brakes work as well as a drum brake H1 ever did, the power is right there once you get the motor wound up a little, and it handles well...as far as I was going to push a bike that has 30 year old tires and isn't mine, anyway.

On the ride, there was only 1 little issue that we fixed. The overflow tube fell out of the center carb and the bike was pissing gas all over the place. Fixed that on the sidewalk in front of Manx Cycle in Dover, NJ...where we took it to inquire about getting the front wheel re-laced and trued.

As for the Yamaha, it's a 4 stroke, but it IS a triple. I had to fix the front brakes before I was able to get it out of my truck, but I think with a good carb cleaning, it will run fine.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 am 

Jeff wrote:
Fixed that on the sidewalk in front of Manx Cycle in Dover, NJ...where we took it to inquire about getting the front wheel re-laced and trued.

Hopefully you have a better experiance with them then I did. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 am 

Oh..... that Jeff!! :e12 :clap: Top notch bloke and skilled wrench, he is! :thumbup:

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans