Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 pm 

Obviously, the vid I posted with me removing the kickstand off of my Honda was a tongue in cheek sorta thing, but this post may be a bit more serious.
First of all, I hope we all can overlook the fact that I put a :problem: yamaha :problem: in general chat, but it's well worth it :)
As I was thinking of a type of rubber to try out for a side stand safety device a la Honda, an automotive tailpipe hanger kept coming to mind. They are still grippy or soft enough to catch the pavement but are massivly reinforced internally with I'm guessing nylon. Anyways, it took a hacksaw to cut the piece that I needed. Good. I then mounted it to the bottom of the side stand on my 75' RD 250.
Part 2--- I then welded a small blob so the sidestand is only allowed to barely go "over center" when down. This appears to be the most critical part of getting the stand to flip up. I did a bunch of tests and the bike stays put even on a slight downgrade. Good.
*** It works almost Too good.*** Please let me know what you think. It still needs a final trim as you'll see so please disregard the rough look.

Here are some pics and a short vid of me "looking down the barrel of a loaded AK".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpXUPda ... ure=colike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

...and a smelly Honda CB350-Four

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, no need for all the complicated electronics. KISS is best!
Now you just need a time machine......... :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:58 pm 

Just about anything that gets it done is fair game any more.

I prefer the older Michelin really hard car tires for this type of bump stop.